Screen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge Screen Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Black Diamond Zero Edge Screen takes Screen Innovations' Black Diamond technology (which allows you to watch HD images in full ambient lighting) and alters the form factor for a whole new, contemporary look. The Zero Edge has only a quarter-inch (1/4") bezel around the circumference of the Black Diamond surface. A typical screen has anywhere from 2" to 4" of felt or border. The thing is, if you have an installation where you can dial in the mounting position just right, you really don't need much bezel to compensate for any potential keystoning or misalignment. This screen really produces the look of a super thin-bezel television that is just floating off the wall. Seeing it live at CEDIA, it's hard to not think it's rear projection or simply a DLP television embedded in a hidden drywall alcove.

Discuss "Screen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge Screen Preview" here. Read the article.

N

ned

Full Audioholic
It's the black edges that provides illusive contrast to the image. Removing it wil, well.... do just the opposites.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Sorry Ned, but a black diamond screen needs no help to achieve insane contrast levels.

If you ever get the chance check one out. If my theater wasn't in a dedicated room a black diamond would be what I used.

N

ned

Full Audioholic
Sorry Ned, but a black diamond screen needs no help to achieve insane contrast levels.

If you ever get the chance check one out. If my theater wasn't in a dedicated room a black diamond would be what I used.
I have their screen in person and a sample of their screen. Comparison has been made with other screen side by side.

alexsabree

alexsabree

Junior Audioholic
How much do you guys think it would cost for say 90 or so inches?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis