Score: SVS-1, Mouse-0

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
Sucks b/c we have to have an exterminator come today to put an end to this recent problem (living in a subdivision that isn't quite finished, so still lots of construction) of mice. We've caught several over the last week or so and finally decided to have the "pro's" come in. Anyway...wife yelled down the hall about the dog acting strange. Found a mouse in the bedroom :eek: Neighbor came over to help me try and catch it....ended up underneath the wife's pillow on the bed (we then slept in a different room as there wasn't time to wash the sheets etc before we needed to go to bed).

It ran downstairs where we found it behind the entertainment center and the SVS cylinder....tilted the sub back to look behind it, saw the mouse, sat the sub down....where did it go? Lol, found that out soon enough. Picked up the sub...hmmm. As the title suggests, SVS wins that battle. It was smashed underneath it. I pointed out to my wife that the sub was helping in a multitude of ways at that point, besides just making movies and music sound better, it was helping with pest control. Maybe we should get another?

Regardless, I hate mice and wish death upon all the ones in our house and neighborhood now...hate to see what this bill is gonna be, but thought I'd share what I felt to be a humorous story about the SVS sub :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
B+

Neighbor came over ...
ended up underneath the wife ...
there wasn't time to wash the sheets ...
I could see much potential in this story. Next time put more effort into it for a solid 'A'. :D

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Needless to say no problems with the Amp in this SVS, however there is pronounced audible high pitch almost like a squeaky sound coming from the unit, is that normal ?

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
B+

I could see much potential in this story. Next time put more effort into it for a solid 'A'. :D
Alex, that's awesome. And I think I "eq'd" out the high pitched squeak, thank you. ;)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Seriously they are going to bait the mice and then it's gonna stink. I would suggest that you check around your furnace and hot water heater daily to remove the dead ones. The back of the fridge around the compressor is another spot they like to use as their final resting grounds. The air return plenum is another favorite spot. You can get a cheap enough shop vac (Rigid) with the high dollar filter ($30) to tidy up the droppings. I think the cheap filter may make some of it air born.

I'm actually interested in this. How about some pic's? :D

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
We, as of yet, have found no evidence of them in the basement. Not saying they aren't there. But, you are right about them stinking. They told us that dead mice smell for about 3 weeks. We've got a regular shop vac and also a smaller one with filters already. Interested in pics of what? The squished mouse? There were none taken, lol. I doubt I'll post pics of the dead ones either...not to spoil your fun, but I was just going for a portion of the story I found humorous. Not exactly "proud" of the fact that we have mice, even if it's sort of hard to avoid given the construction going on around us.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis