L

LCRush

Audioholic Intern
Is the DNIe always on automatically? I can turn the demo on and off and I can see the split screen comparison. But when I turn off the demo, I am not sure if the DNIe is always on or do you have to turn it on and off? If so, none of the up or down arrows work to show what you have chosen. I searched for previous posts, but none of them exactly explains this.

scenaria

scenaria

Junior Audioholic
Always on. Theres no way to turn it off. This is why I took my samsung back.

L

LCRush

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for the information. It certainly makes me feel less foolish that I could not find a way to turn it on and off. :)

I do not really understand why you found the DNIe so objectionable that you took your Samsung back. When I view the demo, so far I would not turn it off.

scenaria

scenaria

Junior Audioholic
If you have a HL-R series you cant turn it off. If you have a HL-S series you can. I should have clarified my statement a little better :)

In my observation I felt the blacks were oversaturated to the point of losing significant detail

It might make the picture look more "vivid" in bright scenes but watch a dark scene and you wll see alot of detail disappear.

I had a chance to spend some time with a Sharp Aquos and realized how much I was missing when I saw the same scene on the Aquos.

Took the sammy back and bought an Aquos. Havent looked back since then.

what I never understood is why do they have a demo button dedicated on the remote? seems kind of silly to me. I mean if you cant turn it off then do I really need to see what it would look like with it off?

watch something like the Matrix and you will see what im talking about.

W

w.e-coyote

Audioholic Intern
demo mode

The reason for there being a demo mode (controlled via the remote) is for the benefit of dealers being able to show the feature and thus, the reasoning goes, sell the set. This is also why the brightness is set to a very high level out of the box; bright TV's attract more attention and thus are an easier sell.

timechaser

timechaser

Audioholic Intern
AFAIK, the Dnie is only on in the "Dynamic" picture mode. If you change to the movie mode - which is my favorite, Dnie switches off and IMHO, the picture is more natural - you can adjust the tones and saturation etc. to suit yourself.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis