Samsung HT-TQ85 Home Theater In A Box Review

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
IIRC, there is a list of compatible USB devices in the manual. If you don't have a manual, I can run over to my neighbor's and get the list from his manual.
Dave is very generous. To perhaps save him some typing, you can also check out the manual from here. (Samsung probably also has it at their site, but this was the first hit on Google. Adam = Lazy.)

EDIT: Also, Dave did remember correctly. Their is a list of supported USB devices on page 83.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I tried to download the manual, but I got a weird message about not having enogh memory. I don't know what that was about, but I never got it downloaded.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I tried to download the manual, but I got a weird message about not having enogh memory. I don't know what that was about, but I never got it downloaded.
Maybe you should try downloading it to a USB drive...:D

-pat

M

mattmlp

Audiophyte
Ok, first post, here goes. We are about to purchase a HDTV, and I am looking into a modestly priced HTIB (+/- $500) to accompany it. I am interested in the new Onkyo HT-SR800. However, I am nervous about some of the things I am reading in the reviews, which are discouraging me from pursuing this otherwise highly regarded product. The reviews applaud the high quality sound for the price, and very good connectivity options. But, the HDMI jacks are video only. They won't carry the audio signals. Apparently there is a workaround. For example, one review says I will have to connect a dedicated audio-feed as well. How do I do this for my true surround sound? It says optical or coaxial digital or analog multichannel. How exactly do I do this? Not sure what it means. What about sound output from a DVD player (the Onkyo system does not come with one). How do you get the true surround sound from that?
Another annoyance mentioned is there is no video conversion, so you need separate output from the receiver to the tv for each component, I assume for video as well as sound.
Anyway, my biggest interest is getting the true surround from this system if the the HDMI jacks do not output the sound. Help!

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

Ok, first post, here goes. We are about to purchase a HDTV, and I am looking into a modestly priced HTIB (+/- $500) to accompany it. I am interested in the new Onkyo HT-SR800. However, I am nervous about some of the things I am reading in the reviews, which are discouraging me from pursuing this otherwise highly regarded product. The reviews applaud the high quality sound for the price, and very good connectivity options. But, the HDMI jacks are video only. They won't carry the audio signals. Apparently there is a workaround. For example, one review says I will have to connect a dedicated audio-feed as well. How do I do this for my true surround sound? It says optical or coaxial digital or analog multichannel. How exactly do I do this? Not sure what it means. What about sound output from a DVD player (the Onkyo system does not come with one). How do you get the true surround sound from that?
Another annoyance mentioned is there is no video conversion, so you need separate output from the receiver to the tv for each component, I assume for video as well as sound.
Anyway, my biggest interest is getting the true surround from this system if the the HDMI jacks do not output the sound. Help!
I wouldn't buy it. If you still have to buy a dvd player, get an Oppo and save some money, get a Onkyo 605 and a set of bookshelf speakers. Just use that untill you can upgrade, piece by piece, like many Audioholics have done.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis