Samsung Blu-ray Firmware Upgrde Problem

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
My Samsung Blu-ray player BD-P1600 has the wireless network. After we watched a movie Samsung sent a notice there was firmware upgrade. It was working great. Did the upgrade and then I noticed I now do not have DTS HD Mastered surround sound. All the other audio modes work. Called Samsung........grrr 45 minutes and 3 Tech support advisors later(was disconnected one time) I was told several things.

1 If your player has never been up graded it has to be done 2 times to take uh how they only sent the signal one time. Never had to do that on other Blu-ray players???

2 I was told if the player was working Ok I should not have clicked on the upgrade??? grrrr

3 I did NOT have the sales reciept so they could not send me a disc or a flash drive with the upgrade.

4 I explained that I have the player HDMI to my HD receiver then HDMI to TV. And I have a older Sony BRDP in Bedroom and hooked it up in den and DTS works.same HDMI cables. Finally a Supervisor sent me a email with the SAME file. I asked for the older orginal firmware..she told me I had to go online and find it.:mad:

Super upset now so I finally clicked on the set up menu and found that the new firmware had changed my setting to PMC. Changed to Bitstream Audio.............. Hello DTS audio is now back. DUH I should have checked this FIRST. Not happy with Samsungs Tech Support.

Good advise........... write down the S/N from the back of the player on your user manual so you don't have to disconnect player to see this. Keep your sales paper work with user manual. And check the menu set up before you go thru what I just went thru.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Um, whenever you do firmware updates, it should be setting everything back to default. If it isn't, you should be doing this yourself and then readjusting all your settings, because some changes may not take effect if you don't do this.

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
Um, whenever you do firmware updates, it should be setting everything back to default. If it isn't, you should be doing this yourself and then readjusting all your settings, because some changes may not take effect if you don't do this.
I am learning :eek: read up on my 2008 Onkyo A/V HD Receiver. I have to take it
to Onkyo factory Repair Center for firmware upgrades. It has extended warranty so not sure if I have to pay. It works (HD Mastered DTS) on Blu-ray Great, not going to bother it.:). Next time I will look at Opps and others.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis