Samsung BD-E6500 Blu-ray with Dual HDMI Inputs and WiFi Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
While we don't think the Samsung BD-E6500 will be the next Audiophile Blu-ray player, it very well may be our next Blu-ray player. The new Samsung includes dual HDMI inputs for connecting two different pieces of gear to it, and then running a single HDMI cable to your receiver/display. The BD-E6500 has Wi-Fi connectivity for streaming from DNLA devices and access to Samsung's Smart Hub. Most interestingly (though you may never use it), you can register (for a fee) your DVDs on UltraViolet from the player. The only thing we don't know about the player and the UltraViolet service? Price.

Discuss "Samsung BD-E6500 Blu-ray with Dual HDMI Inputs and WiFi Preview" here. Read the article.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
so how do dual HDMI work?

would you use one to run direct to your display for video, and the other to your reciever for audio?

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
so how do dual HDMI work?

would you use one to run direct to your display for video, and the other to your reciever for audio?

The way that I understand it is that they are actually HDMI inputs. The idea behind it is to give you some extra inputs. That makes life easier.

M

MarieonCape

Audioholic Intern
How much better than BD-D6500?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I've seen the BD-D6500 at Best Buy this week for $120. I am looking for an inexpensive Blu Ray player, have a Samsung LCD and thought that this would a decent choice. But I've read a number of reviews for this player and others like it that have an inverse bell curve. It seems lots love it and lots have problems with streaming, compatibility and freezing on discs. It seems true of Samsung, but you find the same at Sony and Panasonic for the WiFi Ready 3D Blu Ray players.

C

chrisdts7.1

Audiophyte
my question concerns the samsung bd-c6800.i am using ext.in as audio source;when i set front speakers to large on bd player, dts master and dolby hd sounds very faint in front speakers.when set to small they sound fine but subwoofer is faint.(using high input on sub).please help:confused:

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
ohh. - but why?

seems the receiver in a set up would be a much more likely switching device.
This might be more useful for people who use their TV speakers. It's easy to forget when you frequent a forum like this that a lot of people actually have setups without a receiver.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This might be more useful for people who use their TV speakers. It's easy to forget when you frequent a forum like this that a lot of people actually have setups without a receiver.
I don't think that is the idea. The new Oppos have the ability to do this as well, and I think it is so that you can use the video DAC in the player to upscale video from other devices.

my question concerns the samsung bd-c6800.i am using ext.in as audio source;when i set front speakers to large on bd player, dts master and dolby hd sounds very faint in front speakers.when set to small they sound fine but subwoofer is faint.(using high input on sub).please help:confused:
You will be better off starting your own thread since your question is completely unrelated to this topic.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis