Same height for L+R fronts?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Should L+ R front speakers be at the same elevation?

Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
Absolutely! Not only should they be at the same height, that height should place the tweeter at ear height when you are in the listening seat.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
My understanding of the Uni-Q driver is that they do not want to be aimed at you. They have a pretty good wider dispersion pattern as I understand it. Generally, ear height is best, but this isn't a critical listening setup, I'm guessing. For a bedroom setup, I'd still try to get some balance between the two speakers... depending on your room, dunno how difficult that will be.

I asked about the BMRs because I know those have some unique characteristics: you want the Tweeters at ear height. Dennis also designs his speakers to not be toed in, though I have done so with good success... but this depends on your distance from them. He has suggested being 15º off access IIRC, with no toe-in. This creates a pretty long isosceles triangle though. Regardless, for these, ear height is a must, and absolutely level between L/R. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
General question I'll throw in here, in a bedroom what is ear height? Reclining or sitting up in bed or sitting in a chair in the bedroom or trying to cover all of that? In mine I kinda go for a reclined in bed with a coupla pillows height :) I do go for L/R/C all being same height for tweets, tho....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis