SAE MarkIII CM amplifer!!!!! owners chime in

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
Hello, I recently disassembled an SAE MKIII amplifier to replace smoothing caps and clean the beast. Purchased it used and found the right meter lead hooked up to the left channel and left meter vice versa. Is this right? The color coded wire leads "yellow" for left channel and "white" for right channel indicate its right but why the cross over? Or it was tampered with. The reason I went in there was the right meter is hanging up and not dropping back to zero. If anyone else has pictures of the interior of this amp that would be great.

Attachments

S

Stereojeff

Enthusiast
There is an SAE user's group on Yahoo that would be able to answer your questions.

Jeff

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
First off, I don't own one. However, you can check on whether the meters are connected properly by making sure that your connections from your preamp are correct, and then turning the balance control on your preamp all the way to either the right or left, and put on some music. The meter on the left side should move if you have turned the balance all the way to the left, and the one on the right should move if you turned the balance all the way to the right. This is also assuming that your preamp has not been improperly wired;). If the wrong meter moves, then something is wired improperly.

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
balance control

yes there must be a connection in the wrong orientation. the balance control is reading the opposite of what I switch it too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis