M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I don't normally post here, but I just had to get this off my chest.

We just tried a new "Moe's Mexican Grille" that opened in our area. The food was "meh" but apparently they have custom muzak pumped in. Why do I say this?

I heard an extended elevator style rendition of "Smoke on the Water", complete with a cheerful female chorus and horns. About the only way I could recognize this was from that famous opening guitar riff, which they repeated often.

Now, I'm used to hearing music of my generation "elevatorized" but this just kicked me in the dangly bits.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I had a similar experience the first time I heard The Who being play as Muzak.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
For those of us that worked in the grocery stores (or department stores) in the mid-90s........Muzak got burned into our brains!!! Dunno if I ever have recovered from that.

Your first mistake......Mexican food in NJ???:p

If you are north of the Red River or East of the Sabine River--then don't do it!;)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I think the name itself should've provided more than enough evidence to avoid this place.
Moe? I'd rather have it named Pedro's.
Then Mexican would be unnecessary, and word "Grille" is of french origin
So If I felt for some south of the border cuisine - I'd be on a look out for Pedro's Tacos Truck :)

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
OK, OK, I get it. Yeah, I know there's no good mexican food here in joisey but it's a chain and I wanted to see what they had to offer. When we're in Texas, we can stop at any gas station that sells tacos, which is most, and can get better tacos than we got at Moe's.

But, for now, it's Taco Bell all the way. They may be the white castle of tacos, but I still like 'em, at least the taco supremes, and the nachos belle grande.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
LOL!

Yeah, gas station tacos that are actually GOOD! Taco trucks that are good too! Not too shabby down here.

One of my local favorites is Torchy's Tacos. It's the closest I can get to the street tacos down in Mexico! And, it seems that they just opened a location in Denver!

If any of the AH regulars live in the Denver area, then I will give you the "thumbs up" to go visit Torchy's! The "Democrat" in particular, reminds me of the Mexican street tacos!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
LOL!

Yeah, gas station tacos that are actually GOOD! Taco trucks that are good too! Not too shabby down here.

One of my local favorites is Torchy's Tacos. It's the closest I can get to the street tacos down in Mexico! And, it seems that they just opened a location in Denver!

If any of the AH regulars live in the Denver area, then I will give you the "thumbs up" to go visit Torchy's! The "Democrat" in particular, reminds me of the Mexican street tacos!
We have an office in Denver, so I'll likely to visit it sooner or later. Will hit you up then I do

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I think we've stopped at every taco place on tx 6 between Waco and College Station and yet, every time we drive that route, we find another new one.

And, Mrs W, who spent 30 years in Texas, keeps on saying we have to go to a Torchy's but, somehow, we haven't come across one in our travels. I think we may have to hunt one down when we go to Austin, though.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
If you go to Torchy's try to hit the off-peak hours.

It's the kind of place where the line winds out the door for lunchtime!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't normally post here, but I just had to get this off my chest.

We just tried a new "Moe's Mexican Grille" that opened in our area. The food was "meh" but apparently they have custom muzak pumped in. Why do I say this?

I heard an extended elevator style rendition of "Smoke on the Water", complete with a cheerful female chorus and horns. About the only way I could recognize this was from that famous opening guitar riff, which they repeated often.

Now, I'm used to hearing music of my generation "elevatorized" but this just kicked me in the dangly bits.

Sounds like "prozac" moment ;) I hear ya loud n clear

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
LOL!

It didn't break ground until mid August - opens late fall-.cant wait!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LOL. Was at a Mexican place near my house and they had one of the oddest stations ever playing - Mexican covers of 80s pop tracks in Spanish. A couple were actually not bad, but most were laughably horrible.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
On a more positive note, we just came back from our new place in Texas and found a really nice, small Mexican restraunt close to us. Cheap and good breakfast burritos and huevos rancheros whenever we want. Rita is happy so that means I'm happy.

And, yes, it's behind a gas station. ...but not attached.

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
This one's actually an improvement over the original I think.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
OK, OK, I get it. Yeah, I know there's no good mexican food here in joisey but it's a chain and I wanted to see what they had to offer. When we're in Texas, we can stop at any gas station that sells tacos, which is most, and can get better tacos than we got at Moe's.

But, for now, it's Taco Bell all the way. They may be the white castle of tacos, but I still like 'em, at least the taco supremes, and the nachos belle grande.
The grillers aren't bad- I normally don't like Chipotle pepper as much oas others, but theirs are decent. I like the Habanero griller but haven't pulled the trigger on the Ghost Pepper version.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis