Rythmik F12SE set up advice....

B

bnewt

Junior Audioholic
Finally placed the order on this sub to go with my DefTech 7004, 2500, 350......but now need a little advice on how to set it up. Since the front speakers also have subs, I want to take advantage of them along with the F12. If I set the front to small, does this negate their subs? What crossover should I use? Presently, I have a Pioneer 45 receiver, but will update it at a later date. It only allows for 1 crossover........should that be 80? Most of my use will be for HT. Excited to hear this setup

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
A 60/80 Hz XO should work great. Yes, the built-in powered woofers are still being utilized when the speakers are set to small with the preferred XO point.

F

FirstReflection

AV Rant Co-Host
If the subs that are built into your front L/R speakers cannot genuinely reach down to 20Hz (and it is highly doubtful that they can), then you ought to still set the front speakers (and all the other speakers) to "small" and use an 80Hz cross-over point.

I don't have the exact specs on your front speakers in front of me, but you can rest assured that you are not "wasting" the built-in subs in your front speakers with this setup. Those built-in subs also act as the bass driver for your front speakers - they just happen to have their own power supply built in. Since they are still the bass driver for the speaker, they take over from the mid or mid-bass drivers at a higher than 80Hz frequency - likely somewhere in the 150Hz-350Hz range.

So the built-in subs will still be playing from that mid-bass cross-over down to the 80Hz cross-over to your new Rythmik sub. In essence, you've simply created a 4-way speaker system rather than a 3-way.

B

bnewt

Junior Audioholic
thanks for the replies

What about the "setup" on the back of the sub.........any suggestions how they should be set?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
thanks for the replies

What about the "setup" on the back of the sub.........any suggestions how they should be set?
If you are using the X-Over built in to your receiver, then turn the X-Over on the sub all the way up so that there is no conflict between the receiver and the sub.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis