Rotel RSX-1550 or Pioneer Elite VSX 53?

M

Michael Zwerner

Audiophyte
Hi I have a two part question.

Currently I'm running a pair of Vandersteen 2Ci on a rotel RSX-1550 (with a Klispch R62C II center). I was able to buy a set of Martin Logan motion 20's and a ML motion 8 center, and an ML subwoffer for a pretty low price and they threw in a Pioneer Elite VSX 53.

My question is which speaker would you recommend and which combination of receiver? I plan on selling the others

Also posting with a different title asking about the speakers. The vandy's sound great on the rotel

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Since you have all of the equipment in question, you should listen to it all and decide for yourself. That is always a good idea when dealing with speakers, as some flaws bother some people more than others, and no speaker is perfect.

I will make one observation, and that is that the Martin Logan speakers likely are a better match for each other in sound, so that when a sound pans across the front three speakers, it will likely remain closer to the same when using them instead of the sound panning from a Vandersteen to a Klipsch to a Vandersteen speaker. I would not use those speakers together; I would replace whatever I disliked the most with something that is a better match for the others, if I liked any of them more than the Martin Logan speakers.

M

Michael Zwerner

Audiophyte
Thanks,
I’m going with the vandys and the Rotel. One last question for a sub what should
I set the sub crossover for Vandersteen 2ci’s I’m actsully pretty confused???
Thanks

Since you have all of the equipment in question, you should listen to it all and decide for yourself. That is always a good idea when dealing with speakers, as some flaws bother some people more than others, and no speaker is perfect.

I will make one observation, and that is that the Martin Logan speakers likely are a better match for each other in sound, so that when a sound pans across the front three speakers, it will likely remain closer to the same when using them instead of the sound panning from a Vandersteen to a Klipsch to a Vandersteen speaker. I would not use those speakers together; I would replace whatever I disliked the most with something that is a better match for the others, if I liked any of them more than the Martin Logan speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis