Rotel RB976 - Thoughts

M

Methost

Full Audioholic
I am still constructing my HT and am under a budget. I was going to Amp the front sound stage last but I saw this on ebay and wanted to know what you guys think. As I said, I am really only looking to amp the front 3 speakers for now, and this model clams that by bridgeing, I can get 3x180w. Is anyone familer with this model? How exactly would I bridge it? and will I really get this kind of power?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5811327365&fromMakeTrack=true

Auction ends tomorrow, so any advice would be great.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Methost said:
I am still constructing my HT and am under a budget. I was going to Amp the front sound stage last but I saw this on ebay and wanted to know what you guys think. As I said, I am really only looking to amp the front 3 speakers for now, and this model clams that by bridgeing, I can get 3x180w. Is anyone familer with this model? How exactly would I bridge it? and will I really get this kind of power?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5811327365&fromMakeTrack=true

Auction ends tomorrow, so any advice would be great.
Honestly, this kind of sets me back:
"Ideal for multi-room applications or for driving multiple speakers in professional environments such as restaurants and shops."

I see that amp powering 8" full range speakers in a Taco Bell. 60 watts x 6 channels is probably a setback depending on which receiver you have. Judging by the size, I don't think you're going to get 180 watts per channel. I think you'd be better off looking at the two channel receivers powering your towers. BTW, what exactly are you powering?

M

Methost

Full Audioholic
Buckeyefan 1 said:
BTW, what exactly are you powering?
Currently I own a pair of Amiom M22Ti book shelves and plan to add a VP150 center in the near future. I use a Marantz SR8400.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Here are the specs from the manual:

Continuous Power Output 60 watts/ch (20-20 kHz, < 0.03%, 8 ohms)
Bridged Mono Power Output 150 watts/ch (20-20 kHz, < 0.1%, 8 ohms)Total Harmonic Distortion (20Hz-20kHz, 8 ohms) < 0.03%
Intermodulation Distortion (60 Hz : 7 kHz, 4:1) < 0.03%
Frequency Response ( ±1 dB) 15Hz-100kHz
Damping Factor (20-20,000 Hz, 8 ohms) 150
Speaker Impedance (Normal mode) 4 ohms minimum
Signal to Noise Ratio (IHF A network) 116 dB
Input Impedance/Sensitivity 22 k Ohms/1.5 volt
Power Requirements 115 Volts, 60 Hz or 230 Volts, 50 Hz
Power Consumption 700 Watts
Dimensions (W x H x D) 440 x 121 x 400 mm
173/8” x 43/4” x 153/4”
Weight (net) 11.8 kg, 26 lb.

newsletter