Roku 3 vs Amazon Fire TV: My opinions and Review

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I store my "backups" as mkvs and I don't cast - it's not as robust as direct stream. Fire Stick with Plex do the job.
I'm ok with stick's wireless remote to control it
Also plex takes care of transcoding if needed.

wait.... BLACKBERRY BLAYBOOK ???? Are you running WebOS on IT???
No.. Just Playbook's OS. What I did was to side load a converted Android App called ES Explorer and am using it to do my music streaming from the Playbook.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
No.. Just Playbook's OS. What I did was to side load a converted Android App called ES Explorer and am using it to do my music streaming from the Playbook.
Nvm, I got confused between HP and BB tablets custom OSes. Anyways - not a typical choice for tablet

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Nvm, I got confused between HP and BB tablets custom OSes. Anyways - not a typical choice for tablet
I got the BB when they first came out. I wouldn't pick one now but since I have it, I will always play with it to see how far I can take it. I have an immense dislike for Apple and that stupid culture they are promoting.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I got the BB when they first came out. I wouldn't pick one now but since I have it, I will always play with it to see how far I can take it. I have an immense dislike for Apple and that stupid culture they are promoting.
Very much agree on culture :) We are Android family

P

Poultrygeist

Junior Audioholic
I use a Roku 3 in the bedroom and found this cool device which extracts the digital audio signal allowing it to be sent to a non HDMI receiver. Has a switch for 2 channel or 5.1.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis