Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Audioholic
And Christmas day too. How sad is that.

Brings new meaning to his hit, "Last Chistmas".

It's been a devastating year for the music industry, losing Prince, David Bowie, and now, George Michael, and all have left us way too soon.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

It's been a devastating year for the music industry, losing Prince, David Bowie, and now, George Michael, and all have left us way too soon.
Yeah, it is very sad. Read that George was fighting both alcohol and drug addiction. Gone way too soon. Really has been a rough year for our music industry. May they all RIP!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
@Art Vandelay Yes it's true. 2016 sucked for huge line of great celebraties, but it irks me that you put David Bowie and Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou (aka George Michael) in same sentence.
The prior is musical genius and later is 80's equivalent of Lady Gaga.

Hot damn, and I thought that Segal let himself go width wise

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Audioholic
@Art Vandelay Yes it's true. 2016 sucked for huge line of great celebraties, but it irks me that you put David Bowie and Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou (aka George Michael) in same sentence.
The prior is musical genius and later is 80's equivalent of Lady Gaga.
I don't disagree with you but if you look at record sales figures the difference is not that much, and for what it's worth Lady Gaga is ahead of both of them.

In financial terms, genius isn't necessarily a valuable commodity.

Audioholic72

Audioholic72

Enthusiast

It's been devastating to their families, friends and hard-core fans, but to say it's been devastating to the music industry is a bit of an overstatement.

As far as the industry is concerned, most of these artists were no longer relevant today and their best work was long behind them. If anything, they are selling more records and merchandise now then they have in years since they've passed on.

Last edited:
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Audioholic
It's been devastating to their families, friends and hard-core fans, but to say it's been devastating to the music industry is a bit of an overstatement.

As far as the industry is concerned, most of these artists were no longer relevant today and their best work was long behind them. If anything, they are selling more records and merchandise now then they have in years since they've passed on.
I forgot to mention Glenn Frey who also sadly passed away earlier this year.

And I meant devastating to people in the industry, rather than the industry itself - as a money making enterprise.

You're right though; Record sales will definitely spike over the next few years.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't disagree with you but if you look at record sales figures the difference is not that much, and for what it's worth Lady Gaga is ahead of both of them.

In financial terms, genius isn't necessarily a valuable commodity.
I wasn't referring to the financial side, but to the approach to public communication (aka anything goes including shock) and general level of (or a lack of) musical talent. Keep in mind that one has nothing to do with sales.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis