Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
... of Emerson, Lake & Palmer has died at age 71 of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. A sad day.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Man, all these classic rock guys are dropping like flies. This really sucks.

DJ

Deal4Fuji

Deal4Fuji

Enthusiast
In respect to Keith Emerson's death, today is cover Sunday so here's a good ELP "cover" of the 1874 work by Russian composer Modest Mussorgsky...just one segment from their 1971 album of Pictures At An Exhibition. He was such a talented musician:
How many posts before I lose my phyte status?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
OMG I just saw this.. All of the rock icons are passing away. This is sad. :(

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Heartfelt condolences to the family. Prayers going up! May he RIP!

Amen Father

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, rough year and they just keep going. RIP Keith.

J

Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Audioholic
So sad to hear this. Back in the day, I loved ELP. They had a sound all their own. Also, so sad to hear of the passing of so many greats like: Prince, David Bowie, Alvin Lee, (Ten Years After), etc.
I remember many years ago, a music video from MTV of a live performance by ELP. The most unusual thing about this concert, was that Keith was seated at a white piano, that spun 360 degrees thru out the song. Somehow, he sat on the Piano stool, and he did not fall off. How they got the piano motorized & connected to the piano seat is beyond me. Does anyone know where I can find this performance? I couldn't even find it on U Tube.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja

One of my favorite...tracks...

Being listening to a lot of classic rock lately....I didn't grow up a huge ELP fan. It took some time but I've grown into one and absolutely appreciated their talent.

J

Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Audioholic
It's a miracle, but I found part of the Live ELP Concert where Keith rode the piano in the air! Amazing. You won't believe it:

Dig it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis