Rf7iii vs Founder 100f

Jamie Smith

Jamie Smith

Audioholic Intern
Trying to decide on these two for music and HT. I have the klipsch rf800, rc62 and rs52. Just got the anthem 325 power amp for the LCR and using sony 2400es as the avr till I upgrade to the anthem 1140. I do love the klipsch sound so I would only have to get the Rf7iii and rc64iii but the paradigm I would have to buy all 5 speakers. So the klipsch would be cheaper but I want to get the best of the 2. I can't demo them where I live so trying to finds reviews on comparison for them but nothing on line.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Trying to decide on these two for music and HT. I have the klipsch rf800, rc62 and rs52. Just got the anthem 325 power amp for the LCR and using sony 2400es as the avr till I upgrade to the anthem 1140. I do love the klipsch sound so I would only have to get the Rf7iii and rc64iii but the paradigm I would have to buy all 5 speakers. So the klipsch would be cheaper but I want to get the best of the 2. I can't demo them where I live so trying to finds reviews on comparison for them but nothing on line.
The Founder 100F speakers are bound to be more neutral. The RFIIIs are more aggressively voiced in bass and treble. I would go for the Founders between the two. The problem is that the center channels for both speaker sets are not great. Honestly, you might want to look at the Arendal speakers. The 1723 THX speakers are doing a lot of what the Klipsch and Founder speakers are doing but are doing it better and for a bit less money.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I do love the klipsch sound
The ears want what the ears want. :D

But seriously, if you love the sound of Klipsch, then you will probably love the RF-III.

Objectively, the RF-III’s 10” Woofer x 2 will produce more bass than the 7” Woofer x 3 in the Paradigm.

I have a soft spot for towers with dual 10” or 12” woofers. :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The ears want what the ears want. :D

But seriously, if you love the sound of Klipsch, then you will probably love the RF-III.

Objectively, the RF-III’s 10” Woofer x 2 will produce more bass than the 7” Woofer x 3 in the Paradigm.

I have a soft spot for towers with dual 10” or 12” woofers. :D
Having heard the RF-IIIs and seen the responses, I think it might be a bit closer to Klipsch Heritage voicing than Reference Premiere voicing, so there is a chance he might not be a huge fan of its sound. I much prefer the Reference Premiere voicing to that of the Heritage speakers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Having heard the RF-IIIs and seen the responses, I think it might be a bit closer to Klipsch Heritage voicing than Reference Premiere voicing, so there is a chance he might not be a huge fan of its sound. I much prefer the Reference Premiere voicing to that of the Heritage speakers.
Since he has RF/RC/RS those are all not RP and closer to RF series? If there's all that much matching going on with surrounds....

L

Lakeshow2413

Junior Audioholic
The heritage speakers sound much better thank the rp series. Just stating a fact from experience.

L

Lakeshow2413

Junior Audioholic
Experiences aren't facts, fwiw. :)
I’ve heard both series of speakers in my home for what it’s worth. Listen for yourself. Don’t listen to people who haven’t experienced both products. Fwiw

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I’ve heard both series of speakers in my home for what it’s worth. Listen for yourself. Don’t listen to people who haven’t experienced both products. Fwiw
I'm just saying your own subjective experiences are yours....no more shared than tastes in a lot of things in life. You are not a measurement instrument....but you don't need to be but in making specific comparisons might be handy.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
We all have SUBJECTIVE experiences, which may be a “fact” for us, but not a fact for everyone else.

One speaker may have better measurements like Frequency Response or bass response, which is an objective fact for everyone.

But what we prefer is just our subjective opinions.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis