Review: SVS PB10-NSD Subwoofer

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Bigger is always better (Just ask my girlfriend ;-P)!!! I can't wait to get the SVS EQ in the next month or so.....I will also be getting my 2nd PB Ultra..... I cant wait to hear how they will sound fine tuned.

Are you going to get a EQ BLUESMOKE???
Total waste of money for me. If I showed pics of the ceiling and the walls, most people here would faint. I'm going to replace my receiver with a Denon with Audessey and see how that fares. The problem is, the room is too small and oddly shaped to waste any money on treatments. There's a null where my couch is, and there's not much I could do.

When I move my stuff to the basement, we'll see how things work out.

alexsabree

alexsabree

Junior Audioholic
Total waste of money for me. If I showed pics of the ceiling and the walls, most people here would faint. I'm going to replace my receiver with a Denon with Audessey and see how that fares. The problem is, the room is too small and oddly shaped to waste any money on treatments. There's a null where my couch is, and there's not much I could do.

When I move my stuff to the basement, we'll see how things work out.
Don't worry, I know just how you feel. Overkill is my middle-name.

I have a very similar performing subwoofer eD A2-300 and my room is also extremely small. Its around 10ft x 9ft x 8ft

Last edited by a moderator:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Actually, small rooms tend to have more cancellation and therefore a sub like the PB10 or A2-300 may not be overkill at all. I had the PB10 in a large room and it still held its own.

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
Good review - so you like the animal... The price ain't bad for this sub!

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief

Moved my Sub to the front of the room. The bass is more balanced. My room is absolute garbage in terms of acoustics but the sub sounds great at this location.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja

Moved my Sub to the front of the room. The bass is more balanced. My room is absolute garbage in terms of acoustics but the sub sounds great at this location.
Hey Blue...are you porting the 30's, they look mighty close to the wall in that picture. I've tried other sub placements, but I found that it sounded best when front loaded...:D.

BTW how have you been keeping, Bill...:)

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Bill, sorry for the late reply. Haven't seen the thread in a while. Yes the RC30s are ported with the foam. I really need to treat the room but it's so expensive. I'm a single guy and the money has to be wisely spent/saved.

C

cmstric

Junior Audioholic
how big is the room you have this subwoofer in btw?

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
how big is the room you have this subwoofer in btw?
Here is information you've sought>>

Now let's get to my situation. My room is an upstairs bedroom that is 12x14 feet with 8 feet ceiling for half the room and 11 foot ceiling for the rest. It's not the most ideal room - and I wasn't certain that the PB10 would be up to the task. I was drifting between the PB10 and the PB12. Eventually, I decided that the PB10 should be enough for such a small room, despite the oddities of the room itself. Afterall, I've read countless posts from PB10 owners being completely satisfied with the performance in rooms that are more than twice as big as mine.

O

Omar Leon

Enthusiast
Need Some advice...where do you guys have the gain knob placed or what level at better yet?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis