Review: Pioneer Elite A-35R Integrated Amplifier

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
I have given this unit to my girlfriend. Question is, can I give her some poor girl's whole house audio off the B speaker outputs and still run her small bookshelf mains off the A speaker jacks?
I would run a Monster SS4 speaker selector. There would small bookshelfs in her office, bedroom, kitchen, and back porch. The office, bedroom, and back porch wire runs are lengthy going up and into the attic and then back down. The bedroom run was over 60 ft. Will I stress the A-35R if she runs the A speakers and the speaker selector from the B jacks as I've described? Or, if it made a difference, run the main speakers off the B jacks and the SS4 setup off the A jacks? Thanks in advance.............

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Also, I've read the roger russle specs on long speaker runs......will this affect/torture this amp. Not that I care, it was 90 buck delivered.......just don't want to have my sweetie come home to a smoking amp she left on...........

F

farout

Audioholic Intern
farout here

i got a dennon integ. amp similar i havin used for a while. its in the same class just for music and sound. have to check it out. its a dennon integrated stereo amp PMA915R a precision audio componant.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
I have given this unit to my girlfriend. Question is, can I give her some poor girl's whole house audio off the B speaker outputs and still run her small bookshelf mains off the A speaker jacks?
I would run a Monster SS4 speaker selector. There would small bookshelfs in her office, bedroom, kitchen, and back porch. The office, bedroom, and back porch wire runs are lengthy going up and into the attic and then back down. The bedroom run was over 60 ft. Will I stress the A-35R if she runs the A speakers and the speaker selector from the B jacks as I've described? Or, if it made a difference, run the main speakers off the B jacks and the SS4 setup off the A jacks? Thanks in advance.............
it depends on the speakers. Ive used it with a/b running 8ohm highly effecient speakers in 3 rooms, with two simataneously and no issues at backround volumes.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
All the cheap* speakers will be run off the speaker selector, so hopefully that will protect the A35R. I will put that on the A speaker. I will run some decent Canton Fonum 300 bookshelves off the B speaker for the nice listening area. I will try running everything at one time and keep an eye on the amp to see if it starts heating up.
*she has a cheap pair of jbl, a pair of panasonic, and one other I can't place. Two pairs have push in wire hookups, and one has the wires coming right out of the back of the speaker.
I'm on a low budget, and the speaker wire costs more than the cheap speaks do.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Install is complete. Girlfriend came home from being out of town and loves her "poor girls" whole house audio! The amp runs everything like a champ, and doesn't even break a sweat. The a35r is a nice unit. Althoug I should add that the input selector is kind of funky and touchy to use.......

G

GrandLotus

Enthusiast
H E L P !

Have been doing much looking around and learning as much about A/V as possible of late.
Can the A-35R be connected to my reciever(VSX-01TXH[do not think that matters but better to post my reciever than have to repost it.])?
EDIT: Im trying to get the wattage from the amp and the reciever to stack.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

Can the A-35R be connected to my reciever(VSX-01TXH...)?
Yes. The VSX-01THX has pre-amp outputs, so the A-35R can be connected to it.

EDIT: Im trying to get the wattage from the amp and the reciever to stack.
That's a different story. If you can bi-amp your speakers (they'd have more than one set of binding posts on the back), then you could use power from both the amp and the receiver on one speaker. Otherwise, no - you can't add the power together (to the best of my knowledge). What model of speakers do you own?

G

GrandLotus

Enthusiast
I own the jamo E680, they do not have 4 post
..So the speaker wire Can Not go from the amp to the reciever?
Thanks for the fast response, did not expect help this fast.

G

GrandLotus

Enthusiast
I am attempting to get more bass power from the lower Hz of the speakers.
The Jamo E 680's have dual 8inch woofers. I would like them to hit with more power and kaboom.
An upgraded reciever? Mine is still under the 7day return policy.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
How low of a frequency are you trying to get to with a lot of punch? Those speakers are rated at +/-3dB at 40Hz.

I think that one of the experts in this area needs to chime in. If I were you, I'd start a thread on this topic if you don't get many responses here - this thread was specifically about the A-35R, and people might not open it up to read it.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I am attempting to get more bass power from the lower Hz of the speakers.
The Jamo E 680's have dual 8inch woofers. I would like them to hit with more power and kaboom.
An upgraded reciever? Mine is still under the 7day return policy.
You need a subwoofer to get an extra "kaboom" putting a different receiver on it won't improve your "kaboom" factor.;)

A

anhchungdoan

Audiophyte
pioneer elite a 35 r

Thank you the innard shots . I have just ordered one NIB from Sound Professional for less than $200.00 including shipping. I bought it for my son who attends college away from home. His modest sytem includes : Mirage Omni 150, Pioneer BDP51fd and the new-ordered Pioneer elite a 35 r. The whole system is a bit under $400.00. If it sounds pretty decent, I may order one for myself just for background listenning. I do not expect much out of 45watts but for small room and near field listenning, I believe it could be a nice set up. Thank you, guys.

A

anhchungdoan

Audiophyte
I recieved the unit this morning. Out of the box, the unit looks very nice and does not have the el cheapo look and feel of some of the low end AVR. I did have some problem with the Monster banana plugs to fit in the binding posts so I went ahead with the bare wire connections. Surprise! the 45WPC @ 8 ohm is more than enough to fill the 14X16 room and I crank it up only close to 11 o'clock position. I do not know it the Elite intergrated or the Mirage omni 150 but the sound is simply too good to be had for less than $200.00. I was about to get the highly-praised Onkyo A9555 for $499.00 but now I can have one of the A35r for my bedroom and one for my son and still have some chump change left for cigaretto. Clean, clear and spatial thanks to the 360 degree dispersion designed of the Omni. Treble is not a hint of harshness. My first CD to play is the " Only trust your heart" by DK. Man, the sound of the cymbals and the bass are so real and the vocal eventhough not dead even in the middle but it has the spatial imaging thanks again to the Omni 150$200.00 well spent and another A35r intergrated is on ordered for "moi" to keep. Thank you, guys. I am very please with the A35r purchase.

C

collman

Audiophyte
I use this with a pair of Monitor Audio Br2 in my bedroom and it sound awesome. I was planning to get a vintage marantz but this is way better, especially considering what people are asking for the marantz!

I have a question about this amp thought in the specifications and in the operating instructions manual they mention this has a Loudness control, but I can't seem to find it. There's certainly no button nor knob for this in the front, can anyone help me out with this?

C

collman

Audiophyte
I actually ended up selling it, and getting a Luxman LV-103. The difference is incredibly noticeable, the Luxman is way better. I also tested a Sansui A80 which I thought would sound a lot worse, and ended up liking it much more.
I recommend you listen to other options to make sure you are making the right decision.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis