Review my home theater selection

H

hemant

Audioholic Intern
Hello,
After a long research, spending enough time on selection of Home Theater Package, I finally bought
Pioneer VSX 329K
Taga-Harmony TAV 606 SE
Polk Audio Sub-woofer PSW 125
A complete home theater package..

I also had Pioneer AJ 5235XT on my list but then i bought the above mentioned..
So,
Can anyone please rate my selection and review what i have done is right because i want a 2nd system and i m planning to have an exact same system. or is there anything i can get within the same price range..or is this perfect??

Last edited:
H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Hello,
After a long research, spending enough time on selection of Home Theater Package, I finally bought
Pioneer VSX 329K
Taga-Harmony TAV 606 SE

So,
Can anyone please rate my selection and review what i have done is right because i want a 2nd system and i m planning to have an exact same system. or is there anything i can get within the same price range..or is this perfect??
hemant,
This is perhaps the most difficult kind of question to answer. "I bought this. What do you think?" The fact is, you already bought it. We could say we like something else better, or this other thing is better for the money, but nothing positive could come from that.

So my answer is, if you like the system you have, then it is indeed "perfect" for you. I hope you enjoy it for a long time.

Regarding your 2nd system... if you tell us your total budget, room size, and how you plan to use the system, (2-channel music, Home Theater, TV, etc), we can probably offer some suggestions.

H

hemant

Audioholic Intern
hemant,
This is perhaps the most difficult kind of question to answer. "I bought this. What do you think?" The fact is, you already bought it. We could say we like something else better, or this other thing is better for the money, but nothing positive could come from that.

So my answer is, if you like the system you have, then it is indeed "perfect" for you. I hope you enjoy it for a long time.

Regarding your 2nd system... if you tell us your total budget, room size, and how you plan to use the system, (2-channel music, Home Theater, TV, etc), we can probably offer some suggestions.
Thats true what you said..
actually about the second system ..my brother want it..for his theater room(rectangle and not so big room, carpet flooring and ceiling projector mounted).. and therefore for theater purpose...is there anything better than what i bought within same price range (within 1 lakh INR) or is this okay..??

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I'm sorry, but I don't know what is available in India... and shipping costs could eliminate some brands. Maybe somebody else here can help. Your budget of ~$1600 US is reasonable and you should be able to get a nice system. Let's see if somebody else here has some ideas.

H

hemant

Audioholic Intern
I'm sorry, but I don't know what is available in India... and shipping costs could eliminate some brands. Maybe somebody else here can help. Your budget of ~$1600 US is reasonable and you should be able to get a nice system. Let's see if somebody else here has some ideas.
don't worry about anything.. we can get whatever brand we want irrespective of its availability..so u can suggest anything u want eliminating the shipping cost..
recommend the complete set.. :)
and thanks alot in advance for your guidance..

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'd say you can do better with an SVS or HSU sub. I have no familiarity with the speakers.

N

Niranjan

Audioholic Intern
Hello,
Pioneer VSX 329K
Taga-Harmony TAV 606 SE

So,

Hi Hemant,

i am planning to buy taga tav-606se how is the sound the quality just let me know your experince with taga 606 se so i can deside.

P

Parshv Jain

Audiophyte
Hello,
Pioneer VSX 329K
Taga-Harmony TAV 606 SE

So,
Hi, I am also planning the same package as you bought except the avr which I am thinking Denon X500. Please can you tell me place for demo or can you tell me more about this combination
Parshv

*[removed email and phone number]

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis