mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
What can I say? Can you have any expectations from a movie about zombies? Whatever, not even a popcorn flick, maybe a snickers and diet coke flick, that's about it.

Is this going to turn into a straight to DVD then ultimately Sci-Fi channel series like Species?

Besides Milla Jovovich being in it, don't look for too much else.

However, there are some good books on the Genre, Max Brooks' World War Z was excellent.

F

footman

Junior Audioholic
Review

I cannot tell if you have viewed the movie. As a fan of the two previous films I hope it does well. Box office numbers have the film as the weekends big money maker.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, I did see it over the weekend. Kind of a let down however. Pretty unimaginative in my books.

Did a 11 year old write this story?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The second movie was pretty lousy, but I liked the first one. The trailer for this one didn't look all that spectacular...sounds like a rental to me then.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I watched it, they spent to much time with the beginning and then they just blew through the rest like it was nothing. It was too short and not very involved. It was cool to watch it at the Rave however, just like every movie I watch there. The picture and sound at Rave theaters is the best I have ever seen, outside upscale iMax theaters.

annunaki

annunaki

I liked the first movie with the background and all that. The second was OK at best. The early reviews here have me thinking it will not be rented until it is nearly of the new release rack.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I liked the first two.
One was on the Scifi channel over the weekend. The cable company had it rated at 1.5 stars.:eek:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I thought the first 2 were complete crap, so I have no intentions of seeing this one. I'll probably put it on my Netflix list though.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I thought the first 2 were complete crap, so I have no intentions of seeing this one. I'll probably put it on my Netflix list though.
You have no intent of watching it, yet you are putting it on your netflix list, why?:confused:

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Hmm interesting reading here and I haven’t even seen it yet and more importantly I haven’t heard or felt it since I can rent it out I might give this one a try next week I’m a little strapped for cash at the moment its all that mayo that I’ve been eating.:D

Oh yes she’s got my vote.:p

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
You have no intent of watching it, yet you are putting it on your netflix list, why?:confused:
I guess I should have said, "There's NO way, I'll go to a theater to see it. But curiosity might get the better of me and make me rent it."

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I held out on watching the second one, but when it went on sale for $12 at Fry's on BD, I picked it up... The first one is cheezy too, but it didn't try to be anything besides a basic action/horror flick. They have some style to them, but it isn't like they are expected to be Oscar contenders :)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
It just bugs me that the games are so good, but the movies are so lame! I don't hink I can think of a single video game movie that's been good. Silent Hill anyone??? Please. :rolleyes:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It just bugs me that the games are so good, but the movies are so lame! I don't hink I can think of a single video game movie that's been good. Silent Hill anyone??? Please. :rolleyes:
I am a polar opposite to you in this respect. I hate the games, I wish they didn't exist. I actually enjoy watching the movies.

I never played Silent Hill the game, and the movie was decent until near the end when it started getting progressively lamer. It started getting lame for me when she went into the basement after the nurses in the hallway.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
This is a guaranteed rental for me, and it will be at the top of the queue during the week of it's release.

Quite frankly...... I could NOT care less what the critics say. I'm a fan of the franchise, and watching this the Friday after its DVD release is a virtual certainty.

Well...that is unless netflix puts me on a wait list... HeHeHe

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am a polar opposite to you in this respect. I hate the games, I wish they didn't exist. I actually enjoy watching the movies.
Have you tried RE4? It is easily one of the best games out across all consoles.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Have you tried RE4? It is easily one of the best games out across all consoles.
The fact I am not an avid gamer could account for my dislike of the series of games. I didn't like the forced viewing angles, if they haven't fixed that, then I will still hate it (just seeing it without playing it would irritate me).

F

Fred333

Junior Audioholic
I think it looks pretty good. The game is great, but I think the movie series has been getting stale.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis