Resetting rotel rsx 1560. Please help a noob.

M

Mikhail7

Enthusiast
Hey guys,

I recently won a raffle at work, and was blessed with B&W 804s's and a rotel rsx 1560 receiver. It was properly setup for its original use, and now, I cannot reset the receiver to factory setting (since my setup is not as elaborate). The on-screen display does not show what it says it should show in the manual. And I cannot get to the menu on the receiver display.

I've googled around, and read through the manual of both the remote and receiver and nothing so far. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. Congrats on winning that raffle!

What do you mean that the OSD doesn't show what it says it should show? What information is missing?

As for resetting the receiver, I saw two things in the manual:
(*) Page 24 mentions that if you set the front speaker terminals up for "Redirect" then it will reset to factory defaults.
(*) Page 52 states, "Unplug the unit from the AC outlet, wait 30 seconds, and plug it back in to reset." Seems like it would have been unplugged for longer during the move to your house, though. :)

M

Mikhail7

Enthusiast
Adam thanks for you reply. and btw, I'm from Tucson myself.

The manual has screenshots of what the menu should look like, and i cannot get that same menu to show up on the OSD. And yes, it was definitely unplugged for more than 30 seconds during the move but the setup is still there. Is there any sort of pinhole button or some physical way of resetting a receiver?

I did get a bit annoyed last night trying to figure it out, so i might've missed specific steps. Will try again tonight and update.

Thanks.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If what the manual says doesn't work, check with a local Rotel dealer or call Rotel directly. I've found these days most receivers DO NOT lose their settings when unplugged even for long peirods. My Marantz 8300 was unplugged for weeks and it didn't lose its settings.

M

Mikhail7

Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies guys. The remote seems to work depending on what combination of buttons i hit. At one point the power was not working, and in some modes i can adjust the subwoofer, and in others i cannot. Could the remote be programmed in some way?

Its like I'm operating a TI-83 Plus, and the "2nd" button is sometimes pressed and sometimes not, and I don't which one it is. Manual hasn't been too helpful either. I did reset the remote to factory setting, but that changed nothing.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis