A

acho7

Audiophyte
I am looking to replace my old JVC RXD702B receiver. A local AV installer suggested the Yamaha RXV677BL. Seems to have gotten generally good reviews. Comments or other suggestions?

Thanks.

Attachments

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Hi acho.
I am not at all familiar with your current receiver. Was it part of a home theatre system in a box. If so, the receiver may not be the only item you will end up looking at to upgrade. From a retail perspective, there are other receivers that can be had for less. The Yamaha has a plethora of bells and whistles you may not need. What about your speakers and display.
I would look at the system as a whole, determine if the receiver really is the only weak link in the chain and consider your budget accordingly. That being said, the Yamaha is a huge upgrade from your current receiver.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Without any more specifices as to your needs or expectations, it's as good as any I suspect.

Ask a general question, get a general answer.

A

acho7

Audiophyte
Hi acho.
I am not at all familiar with your current receiver. Was it part of a home theatre system in a box. If so, the receiver may not be the only item you will end up looking at to upgrade. From a retail perspective, there are other receivers that can be had for less. The Yamaha has a plethora of bells and whistles you may not need. What about your speakers and display.
I would look at the system as a whole, determine if the receiver really is the only weak link in the chain and consider your budget accordingly. That being
Hi acho.
I would look at the system as a whole, determine if the receiver really is the only weak link in the chain and consider your budget accordingly. That being said, the Yamaha is a huge upgrade from your current receiver.
said, the Yamaha is a huge upgrade from your current receiver.
Hi acho.
I have an Epson 8500UB projector and Audio Nouveau speakers, 7.1 setup. Screen is a Goo-covered wall.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Goo covered wall, kids?
Generally speaking I think the Yammy is as good as Denon/Marantz. Room correction software seems to be the biggest difference. See if the installer has one you can demo.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis