Replacement remote control for Marantz SA-14s1

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
Does anyone know if another OEM Marantz remote works on a SA-14s1 sacd player? Those are hard to find.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, it's controllable by all Harmony remotes fwiw and see a used one on ebay for $125 from Japan (which specifies models SA11S3/PM11S3....and you might get one of these guys or like TLS suggests....

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Remotes.com have a replacement. I have used them twice and their remotes are better then the originals. Both of my remotes that failed were from Marantz products. They seem to have a problem with their remotes in my view.
Why would an aftermarket brand work better than OEM, when the number of remote manufacturers is very small? URC and Celedon make a large number of OEM remotes and I have to think that anyone who would need a replacement can go directly to those two companies.

Could you post a photo of your remote from Remotes.com?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Why would an aftermarket brand work better than OEM, when the number of remote manufacturers is very small? URC and Celedon make a large number of OEM remotes and I have to think that anyone who would need a replacement can go directly to those two companies.

Could you post a photo of your remote from Remotes.com?
I have no idea why, but they do. I assume they are better designed, built and use higher grade components.

They have better range, and the units always respond and fast. Both the remotes failed for my Marantz 7701 AVPs. One of the failed in a way, that almost made me recycle one of my 7701s!

I have nothing but good to say about those remotes from Remotes.com.

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
I got through to Marantz and they got me a brand new remote. I heard a lot of stories on how they are not good with customers. At least I have a different story. They took the time to check. Thanks for all the responses.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis