Remote programming on new Samsung

Z

zigzag03

Audioholic Intern
I have just run into the fact that you can't manually program the remote control on my new Samsung UN32H5203AF. It forces you into an automatic setup routine which is based on an IR Blaster plugged into the back of the unit. I initially tried to get the Samsung remote to recognize my Dish PVR612 by setting it up the way they wanted me to, and it didn't work out. Since my plan was to use it in an adjacent room, a room from which btw the Dish remote works just fine with the reciever next door, I figured I could ultimately just program the remote the old fashioned way and so went ahead and mounted the tv high on the wall. Now Samsung support says there's no other way than the Blaster and the setup wizard to set up the remote. Has anyone run into this and come up with any sort of workaround? I guess i can get an extension cable and route the blaster thru the same path as the HDMI cable and get it in front of the box again, but I don't have a lot of confidence since it didn't work initially when they were 3 feet apart. Any thoughts? Thanks zz03

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
First off, the "universal" remote option in TV's is garbage. They are slow, unresponsive, and do not control all of the required functions smoothly or easily. Your Samsung remote is not programable itself. All of the programming is in the TV itself hence the need for that IR blaster. The only way it will work is with that IR blaster in front of the Dish receiver.

Why not just use the Dish remote? It can be programmed to turn the TV on/off and control the volume.

P

pas

Audiophyte
First off, the "universal" remote option in TV's is garbage. They are slow, unresponsive, and do not control all of the required functions smoothly or easily. Your Samsung remote is not programable itself. All of the programming is in the TV itself hence the need for that IR blaster. The only way it will work is with that IR blaster in front of the Dish receiver.

Why not just use the Dish remote? It can be programmed to turn the TV on/off and control the volume.
By chance do you know the DISH remote code for the Samsung UN32H5203AF TV? I'm not having any luck finding the correct code

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis