Remember Duran Duran the band?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I never disliked Duran Duran, despite their very much pop sound. That was then though...:)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
is this the same duran duran that sang "ordinary world" and that other one ... ?

I like those songs ... or maybe the videos ...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That would be them...Ordinary World was from The Saint was is not? Or am I thinking of a different song? I know they had a track on the soundtrack.

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
I remember the first time I listened to Duran Duran, it was during my last year of high school, the song was "Careless Memories", that was 24 years ago:eek:. I like them, I bought the video collection... my favorite song are "So Serious" and "Skin Trade"...

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Actually Warren was the second guitar player for Duran Duran when they reincarnated without Andy Taylor and drummer Roger Taylor. He was best known for his work in Missing Persons and he played with Frank Zappa too. He's quite an accomplished git player.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Actually Warren was the second guitar player for Duran Duran when they reincarnated without Andy Taylor and drummer Roger Taylor. He was best known for his work in Missing Persons and he played with Frank Zappa too. He's quite an accomplished git player.
I did not know Warren was the 2nd player for Duran,i never got into their music,I knew about the FZ & Missing Persons connection though,Warren has an album titled Thanks to Frank,another player who dissapeared off the face of the earth was the bass player for missing persons & FZ, Patric Ohearn,i might have to google him & see what he's up to nowdays.

The 1st link i posted to "The Transylvania Boogie" was of an old Zappa song.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I have their greatest hits CD. I still occasionally enjoy listening to it.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
What a sorry excuse for a band right?
I couldn't disagree with you more. I've been a DD fan since I was a teenager. Their last album Astronaut was great and they rocked it when they played San Jose last year! They're actually all really good musicians. You might not like their style of music, but you can't say that they don't have musical ability. Plus I know tons of hot chicks that would still give just about anything for a night with Simon or John.

And yes, I am straight. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I never liked to look at them, but I liked the music. I still have some stuff on VINYL from them :)

Mirko Crocop uses Wild Boys as his "walk to the octagon" song :D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Duran Duran spun off two solo projects: THE POWERSATION (Andy Taylor, John Taylor, Robert Palmer, Tony Thompson) ARCADIA (Simon LeBon, Roger Taylor, Nick Rhodes) guitars were handled by a couple of greats, Gilmour of PF fame and Carlos Alomar of David Bowie and studio fame plus a host of guests musicians of renowned fame. BTW Andy Taylor is one of the most underrated guitarists around.

DURAN DURAN has regrouped with the original line-up.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
They're actually all really good musicians. You might not like their style of music, but you can't say that they don't have musical ability.

And yes, I am straight. :D
The musicianship was never in question,to me the music sounded a little to light in the seat for my tastes & was written with a sales quota in mind,not to showcase musicianship,same with Missing Persons,some of the best musicians playing some of the worst music on the radio,ive never been a fan of any form of pop music.

My whole point of the post was to possibly turn younger people onto a great guitar player,that if they didnt allready know about,even if they had heard Duran Duran or Missing Persons,they would never suspect that Warren had that kind of talent.

Some Missing Persons members play on this song here,remember the Smokin Hot singer Dale Bozzio,thats her having the orgasms in the song:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuhHhUHf2kM&mode=related&search=

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Ahhhhhhhhh, Dale, still hot after all these years.:D

W

whitestone

Audioholic Intern
Never was a DD fan but listened to a lot of ther music from my younger cousins. Actually bought their tribute albulm which I still listen to and love.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Ahhhhhhhhh, Dale, still hot after all these years.:D
Uuummmm... I think that's the caveman talking. She was on that "Hit me baby one more time" show a couple of years ago, and the years haven't been too kind. She couldn't really even sing anymore. I was SSSOooooo disappointed. I was a HUGE Missing Persons fan back in the day. Mental Hopscotch is still one of my all time favorite songs.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There wasn't a whole lot to Missing Persons, the songs were very simple and catchy. I still like them.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Uuummmm... I think that's the caveman talking. She was on that "Hit me baby one more time" show a couple of years ago, and the years haven't been too kind. She couldn't really even sing anymore. I was SSSOooooo disappointed.
I didnt see that show but i did see dale briefly on some stupid show that the name escapes me,i remember thinking that she turned into a sweat hog.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Last time I saw her she was quite thin and still looked good, maybe she has turned into a sweathog.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis