haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Just out of curiosity....

Does anybody know which drivers REL uses in their R-205, R-305 and R-505 subwoofers, this seem to be a secret and I have never seen this revealed anywhere, I don't understand why this should be kept under such a lid, and....

I just wonder which kind of drivers these are :rolleyes:

Any of you huys aout there using any of these sub's?

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Why not ask them directly? IIRC, when you take the grille off, the driver actually says REL on them in big letters.

Never owned one, and I've heard both 505 and 305. They both sound very good with music program, IMO, but are nearly worthless with HT. I mean, at least to anyone who hangs out in this subforum. :rolleyes:

They do look very classy.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Why not ask them directly? IIRC, when you take the grille off, the driver actually says REL on them in big letters.

Never owned one, and I've heard both 505 and 305. They both sound very good with music program, IMO, but are nearly worthless with HT. I mean, at least to anyone who hangs out in this subforum. :rolleyes:

They do look very classy.
I agree with you ....

Yes, they look nice, and I think rosenut finish is very nice:
http://sumikoaudio.net/rel/prod_r505.htm

But they have a builtin nondefeatable lowpass filter thats starts to roll of quite low, so they cannot be used with external filters at all :eek:
This is trange I think......

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I agree with you ....

Yes, they look nice, and I think rosenut finish is very nice:
http://sumikoaudio.net/rel/prod_r505.htm
Have you seen these in person? I like woed, a lot actually, but these look REALLY good in the black gloss. I'd get black for sure with these.

But they have a builtin nondefeatable lowpass filter thats starts to roll of quite low, so they cannot be used with external filters at all :eek:
This is trange I think......
Dunno what to say. Lowpass that rolls-off too low?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Have you seen these in person? I like woed, a lot actually, but these look REALLY good in the black gloss. I'd get black for sure with these.

Dunno what to say. Lowpass that rolls-off too low?
Yes, the black finish is relly nice !!!!!
And if you want to use external filter @ 80Hz, you cannot use these sub's :mad:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis