Rega Planar 3 vs Project 1Xpression

B

br??

Audioholic Intern
Looking for a turntable to buy, I think I've narrowed it down to either a Project 1Xpression Carbon Classic or a Rega Planar 3, with either an Ortofon 2M Blue or an Elys 2. As with most things, opinions differ from place to place. Does anyone have any insight to lend?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I own a Project, but in this case I'd have to give the nod to the Rega. It's a newer design and they did bring to it a lot of the character of their better units. It can be even better in the future if you were to get a higher level cartridge.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Curious, accessing an old record collection or jumping in all new?

B

br??

Audioholic Intern
A bit of both. Records have always been a part of my life, but this will be my first turntable.

B

br??

Audioholic Intern
Alright, now it's become a question of an Exact or a 2M Bronze. From what I've read they're completely different sounding carts, and both of them have characteristics that I wish the other had. I'm leaning towards the Exact for its warmth and dynamics (and the "Rega synergy"), but I also like the promise of the detailed and open sound of the Bronze. I know I'm splitting hairs here, and that I'd be happy with either cart having not heard the other, but I still can't choose. Help?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis