Recommendations to replace a TX-SR805

M

myriad1973

Audioholic
Recently after 8 years of use, my TX-SR805's HDMI finally went faulty. I decided to go with a TX-NR906, which is a bit newer and has a few more features. But unfortunately it's been a fiasco because I bought one off eBay that arrived damaged, so I had to send it back after going back and forth with FedEx for a few weeks. After that was over, I purchased another one, which arrived in good condition, but it turns out that this one has a faulty video processor (no HDMI or component video signal).

So now I'm looking around at other brands because I've lost my faith in Onkyo. I need suggestions for a comparable receiver from other brands like Pioneer, Sony, Denon, Yamaha, etc.... similar time period, features, inputs, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Denon X4300 for $750 brand new authorized dealer: IQ Entertainment (Amazon store front).

You could probably get the Denon X3300 for $550 from them.

M

myriad1973

Audioholic
Thanks, but I ordered a Marantz SR7005 from 2010 off eBay and just received it today. Very nice receiver!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why the fascination with older gear? A lot of legacy gear to hook up to it or?

M

myriad1973

Audioholic
You could say that. Look at my signature.... much analog equipment as well as HDMI. Besides.... in this age of electronics, a model from 2010 isn't necessarily ancient I believe.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis