Recommendations for commercial use

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Time to finally upgrade the sound system in my shop. Currently using an older Denon receiver (3802, I believe) and a pair of RCA Sp4100T towers.

I don't need audiophile grade stuff here, just need to fill the space with something that sounds good.
We do listen at a moderate volume, probably louder than most businesses, but this is a tattoo shop/art gallery!

The space is 47'x35' with 16' ceiling.

Likely needing an active speaker, and was thinking either 4 or 6 of them, equal number lining both sides of the long walls to fill the space evenly.
Listen to nearly all types of music, so will need good bass response for some types. Doesn't need to be impactful, but definitely audible.
From what I hear/see most powered speakers are studio monitors and designed as near-field, so I assume they wouldn't project as well into the space.

Looking for the best deal as well, of course. This isn't my home, so I am a bit more concerned with cost.

Any solid suggetsions?

Last edited:
F

FirstReflection

AV Rant Co-Host
In terms of good sound for very reasonable prices, Behringer is the way to go, IMO. Check out Behringer's Professional Speakers. They are available in both powered and passive models, so you can choose built-in amps or separate amps as you like :)

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Good suggestion, and all but the last would probably sound very full, but a little large. Not running a club here ;)

In terms of good sound for very reasonable prices, Behringer is the way to go, IMO. Check out Behringer's Professional Speakers. They are available in both powered and passive models, so you can choose built-in amps or separate amps as you like :)
Thanks for that suggestion, taking a close look at the B208D. Good price, right output and size

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Good suggestion, and all but the last would probably sound very full, but a little large. Not running a club here ;)

Thanks for that suggestion, taking a close look at the B208D. Good price, right output and size
What about this:
http://www.amazon.com/JBL-LSR2325P-Bi-Amplified-Studio-Monitor/dp/B001PYK1BS/ref=sr_1_21?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1297706581&sr=1-21

But yeah the 208D looks pretty good.

Also the 210:
http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-220-Watt-Speaker-Compression-Drivercompression/dp/B002C4QWXQ/ref=sr_1_13?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1297708069&sr=1-13

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
That JBL looks like a pretty solid choice as well.

Do any of you happen to know if the studio monitors project very well? I was under the impression that they were design specifically to be positioned within a few feet of the listener and couldn't properly fill a large space.

I am very much a noob to pro gear, so any thoughts are welcomed.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
After a bunch of looking, and listening at proaudio shops.....Picked up 4 Behringer Truth B3030A's

Thanks for all your recommendations, now just have to get up to the ceiling and run all the power and signal cables today.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis