Receiver subwoofer connector "loose"

dps

dps

Audiophyte
I have a VSX-1018AH-K
My subwoofer cable is quite strong, and with time it made the "receiver" subwoofer connector loose to the point the output stopped working. Now, if I connect the cable and move it around in circles, it will start working, is there any guides on how to repair this? or is this even repairable?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You might want to consider a "weaker" subwoofer cable.

It's only an RCA jack and you might be able to replace/resolder it, or pay someone else to do it.

This is one of those "It's only a $0.25 part but the labor to replace it is what costs" issue.

Since this is a one-time connection and never needs to be retouched, how did it manage to become loose?

dps

dps

Audiophyte
It's only an RCA jack and you might be able to replace/resolder it, or pay someone else to do it.

This is one of those "It's only a $0.25 part but the labor to replace it is what costs" issue.

Since this is a one-time connection and never needs to be retouched, how did it manage to become loose?
Great to know, I'll get it fix. The reason it got damaged is due to the cable.
Its a monster cable(Monster M850 specifically)

This cable is very strong, so it's quite unflexible. Since the space between the receiver and my wall is small and the cable didn't flex, there was a lot of pressure on the RCA jack, thus with time it broke.
I am actually going to change to a more flexible cable, ditching monster entirely.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis