H

hexagon

Audiophyte
I have a yamaha Rx-V640, and I am trying set the settings for it, specifically the number of speakers. I have six and I set it to that, but right when I leave the menu it goes back to two. I have tried dozens of times and it won't work. Does anyone know what the problem could be. Thanks

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
You are probably not pressing the right button to save the changes. I'd have to read the manual but you may have to press one of the arrow keys to move to the next screen and cause the settings to be saved.

Now if the issue is that you only see icons for the front left and right speakers on the display that is an entirely different issue and is usually caused by incorrect dvd player or cable box settings.

H

hexagon

Audiophyte
Yeah, it is only displaying the right and left speakers. What do I need to do to fix that?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Make sure the DVD player is set to bitstream and Dolby Digital and DTS (if they are optional to activate/deactivate) are activated.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Although this shouldn’t affect your speaker setup, are you using digital (coax/optical) connections or just stereo L/R? Just checked the manual, you do have to "Set" the changes for them to take affect as MDS suggested.

Last edited:
H

hexagon

Audiophyte
I am using a digital connection, and I have saved the changes. And Dobly Digital is on, on the DVD player.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis