Receiver Pioneer X Denon speaker connection

L

Leonel Martins

Audiophyte
Hi guys!

I have a hometheater Pioneer VSX-510. Now I wanna buy a Denon 5.1 compatible but using the current speakers and subwoofer.
Question1: are they compatible?
Question 2: Pioneer speakers connection is some kind of snap one. Can I connect them to the Denon Avr-x1000 5.1 since its connection is different?
Question 3:that plug type connection is for powering the subwoofer, isn't it?

Please, see the file attached showing both receivers connections

Thanks a lot!

Leonel

Attachments

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, you can connect your speakers and sub. The subwoofer bass management connection is an RCA type connector normally labelled "Sub Out."

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The speaker connection types are compatible. They both do the exact same thing, but the ones on the Denon are higher quality.

You also circled in red the AC power inlet on the Denon and a "spare" receptacle on the back of the Pioneer. The inlet on the Denon is for its power cord which is detachable. The Pioneer has what is known as a captive power cord which cannot be detached. The receptacle on the Pioneer is for connecting another component such as a CD player or DVD player without having to run the power from said component to the wall outlet or power strip. The connections you circled in red have nothing to do with a subwoofer at all.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis