Receiver for secondary system

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Bob, you are too funny!!!!! Allright already. I'll get the Marantz. I know it will make you happy, won't it?! So, how 'bout that $350.00? :D:confused::D
LOL :D It makes me vey happy. It's not the OP or the true buyer that needs to be happy now, it's the recommendator. :D

Seriously, I will send you a cheque, soon as my bank open this morning. :D

Truly now, :) , you'll be very pleased with that receiver, cause I know tons of people that are; and with that exact same receiver. :) Honest to God.

I'm very glad that you finally got a hold of your senses. :)

You have a great day, and keep in touch to let us know your impressions. :)

Bob

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
This post from you is fine by me, but I was just wondering about that line that refers to me (>>> ... <<<)?

Care to explain, please?
I will give an example of what I mean. I do not agree with your claim that the Marantz will give "great sound" and the NAD will only give "good sound". I would be willing to bet, if neither is malfunctioning, and if both are kept within their operating limits, you would not be able to hear any difference at all between then in a properly conducted double blind test. So, although I agree that the Marantz is the one to buy, I do not agree with all of your claims. I think you are making excessive claims regarding the differences.

Given your reaction, I regret having mentioned you at all. But the reason I did mention you, however, was because I thought that your excessive praise might cause someone to discount your remarks altogether. Remember, I do agree completely on which one should be purchased.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Great answers Lordoftherings and Pyrrho. The reason I considered bot of these is because the prices are good even though the features are somewhat lacking. The is a secondary system so the majority of these features will not be used. Video feautres won't be used at all. This is just for audio. However, HDMI is a great feature as long as it passes the audio. I thought the NAD might have a little cleaner power because of their conservative power ratings. Marantz doesn't say much about how they rate their power. That being said, long term, it does appear the Marantz is a better choice in case I do want to use it's features down the road. Again this is a secondary system and that's why most of these features will probably get very little use. But in the end, I guess I'll just get the Marantz. It does seem like the logical choice for my application. Thanks again, Guys.
Just for two channel audio, you can go to a thrift store and buy an old two channel receiver for almost nothing. Or you could buy this:

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/MARSR4021/Marantz/SR4021-receiver-80W-X-2ch-stereo-with-video-switching/1.html

But if you think you might want to expand into surround later on, then I think this Marantz would be a good choice:

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/MARSR6001/Marantz/SR6001-receiver-100w-x-7ch-HDMI-home-theater-surround/1.html

If you do expand into surround later on, you don't want it to be less than capable of everything you will want to do with it at that time, or you will be buying another one. If I needed a surround receiver right now, I would very seriously consider the Marantz myself.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
I will give an example of what I mean. I do not agree with your claim that the Marantz will give "great sound" and the NAD will only give "good sound". I would be willing to bet, if neither is malfunctioning, and if both are kept within their operating limits, you would not be able to hear any difference at all between then in a properly conducted double blind test. So, although I agree that the Marantz is the one to buy, I do not agree with all of your claims. I think you are making excessive claims regarding the differences.

Given your reaction, I regret having mentioned you at all. But the reason I did mention you, however, was because I thought that your excessive praise might cause someone to discount your remarks altogether. Remember, I do agree completely on which one should be purchased.
That is your personal opinion, and I respect it, and I don't even comment on it.
Same as my post, it was my personal opinion, but you criticise it. It's OK, nothing wrong with criticising, as long it is respectful and from good meaning, if you know what I mean.
I don't want to go into this as to which one sounds best, because for you they both sound best, which is very fine by me. But I love to be allow to express my own opinion to the person that I'm talking to, which is Soundman.
I don't know if you understand what I'm saying.
To help you, just put yourself in my shoes, the shoes of an old fart that spend way too much time with audio, and just happen to know a thing or two, that he can share with others.
That's quite simple. Me, I call that respect without a doubt to the people in the know.
I read very good between the lines, that's my job. I'm a pro at what I'm doing.
I ain't perfect, but I sure try hard to.
If I feel respected by others, I'll give my heart and soul to them. I gotta lot a luv to give. I need to get it out. I need help to get that luv out of my system.
Comprende? :) That's all there is to it, nothing else matter more than true LOVE. Jesus was my brother, and he gave his love and blood for me, and you also. Is this, counts for something?

Anyway, sorry that I talk the talk, but my heart told me to.
Now, are you gonna walk the walk with me?

Cheers & you have a gorgeous and lovely day, :)
Sincerely, Bob

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
http://cgi.ebay.com/ONKYO-TX-8210-Quartz-Tuner-Amplifier-R1-Works-Good_W0QQitemZ270409824326QQcmdZViewItemQQptZReceivers_Tuners?hash=item3ef5ae7846&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

With respect to every one trying to fill the $300 budget; I'll go on the cheap end.

This Onkyo, back in my 2 channel days, was a great little receiver. I've had this model for around 15 years now. 5 years ago I relegated it to powering my patio/pool speakers, but this thing is a tank and keeps on going.

I'm really not recommending this particular receiver, or model for that matter.
But for simple 2 channel analog, why waste the money on a digital receiver?

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
http://cgi.ebay.com/ONKYO-TX-8210-Quartz-Tuner-Amplifier-R1-Works-Good_W0QQitemZ270409824326QQcmdZViewItemQQptZReceivers_Tuners?hash=item3ef5ae7846&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

With respect to every one trying to fill the $300 budget; I'll go on the cheap end.

This Onkyo, back in my 2 channel days, was a great little receiver. I've had this model for around 15 years now. 5 years ago I relegated it to powering my patio/pool speakers, but this thing is a tank and keeps on going.

I'm really not recommending this particular receiver, or model for that matter.
But for simple 2 channel analog, why waste the money on a digital receiver?
LOL, good score Nomo, but it is my honest opinion that it's no cigar for the OP. :)

But this is an excellent try. LOL, I just can't get a hold of myself, I'll go make some coffee. LOL :D

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks for shopping at Accessories4less.
Please print or save this receipt.

SKU Description
MARSR6001 Marantz - SR6001 receiver 100w x 7ch HDMI home theater surround (MARSR6001)
1 $349.99
Order Subtotal: $349.99
Shipping & Handling: $15.65
Free Shipping on Marantz (freeship)
Free Ship - $15.65
Tax: $0.00
GRAND TOTAL: $349.99

:D:D:D:D

Soundman

Soundman

Congratulations! Always nice to have a new toy on the way. :D
Thanks Adam! You are totally right! It's a great feeling. Maybe I'll post something on my first impressions once it comes in. :)

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Thanks for shopping at Accessories4less.
Please print or save this receipt.

SKU Description
MARSR6001 Marantz - SR6001 receiver 100w x 7ch HDMI home theater surround (MARSR6001)
1 $349.99
Order Subtotal: $349.99
Shipping & Handling: $15.65
Free Shipping on Marantz (freeship)
Free Ship - $15.65
Tax: $0.00
GRAND TOTAL: $349.99

:D:D:D:D
I bet you are. :D:D:D:D:D:D

* Just wait till you listen to it. It will blow you right off.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Thanks Adam! You are totally right! It's a great feeling. Maybe I'll post something on my first impressions once it comes in. :)
You'd better. We have to hear from you, so we can be happy too.
It's all about sharing. :)

Soundman

Soundman

Date/Time Activity Location Details
Aug 5, 2009 7:31 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery!
GREENVILLE, NC
Aug 5, 2009 5:34 AM
At local FedEx facility
GREENVILLE, NC
Aug 5, 2009 12:33 AM
Departed FedEx location
CHARLOTTE, NC
Aug 4, 2009 8:39 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
CHARLOTTE, NC
Aug 4, 2009 6:14 AM
Departed FedEx location
ORLANDO, FL
Aug 3, 2009 6:38 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
ORLANDO, FL
Aug 3, 2009 4:06 PM
Picked up
ORLANDO, FL
Aug 3, 2009 3:27 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx
Should be here soon! :D

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Soundman, you are just down the road from me.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis