Rear speaker recommendation

F

freezerbyrne

Audiophyte
I currently have AV123 x-cs Center, AV123 x-ls bookshelf fronts, HSUVTF-2 MK3 Sub, and Onkyo SR 805 Receiver. I am looking for rears if not both rears and sides. Because of foot traffic behind the couch I am looking for wall/celing mount speakers, preferably smaller to please the wife. But I definitely need something to match the front speakers sound. I will be using for movies mainly. Any suggestions would be appriciated.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Are these the Encores or the originals? Not sure there are too many that will match those closely. It isn't too tough to find those used on various forums, including a few in the classifies here, but none of the X-series are wall mount right out of the box; you'd need some mounts.

If you are OK with some DIY, GR Research offers a wall mount version of the A/V-1 called the A/V-1RS and they would be very similar to the X-LS which Danny also designed. I've compared the X-LS to my A/V-1s and they are pretty well timbre matched. The only thing is, the A/V-1RS are an up-firing monopole. A friend of mine built a pair and they sounded nice to me.

http://gr-research.com/av-1rs.aspx

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis