Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
i got it. she's cute but i'm pretty sure somebody is already tearing that up.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
i got it. she's cute but i'm pretty sure somebody is already tearing that up.
Yeah, I'm sure. I hope so, for her sake. When she started back in 1999 or 2000, she was wearing an engagement ring. She left for about a month, came back, and no ring...and it took a while for her to look happy again. I never heard what that was all about. She seems happy now, though, which is cool.

Heck, I'm never going to meet her, so I hope that she has a good life.

Oh, wait...that was too serious. :eek:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That's borderline stalking.
Now apply that to someone you know and voila: Marital Bliss. :)

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
I'm watching the MECUM collector auto auction on HDTheater... I'd heard of MECUM before (they sponsor a race team at the Chili Bowl) but never realized it was related to an auto auction... seemed more like an adult entertainment/toy company name... :D

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Those kind of remarks (and thoughts of my own) are what keeps me from buying a new TV - always a "better" deal somewhere.

Thanks, Phil. You just saved me $1700! :)
Quit yer kvetching and go get that Panny - and thank me later. Can't beat the deal and you'll LOVE it.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Something's wrong :rolleyes:

I installed Windows Server 2003R2 in VmWare running on a Suse Enterprise Desktop host system..... and it seem to be better and more responsive than the ordinary Windows Server 2003R2 installation on that PC (Dell d810 laptop)

This beats me, it shouldn't be like this :rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Quit yer kvetching and go get that Panny - and thank me later. Can't beat the deal and you'll LOVE it.
I hear ya. I just can't get over going to Best Buy and thinking that the plasmas looked worse than the LCDs. Sure, it could all be marketing, I know.

One big thing about the 630 that I'm after is the mat screen. In my room, I have light shining right on the TV from windows - can be quite distracting on my 27" CRT, so I imagine that it would be no better with a shiny 52" flat screen.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Good morning Pooch..I hope your dad is taking you for a walk this morning...ppsss Adam are you gonna take her or not.....she just pm'd me saying you were late on the walk schedule...:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I hear ya. I just can't get over going to Best Buy and thinking that the plasmas looked worse than the LCDs. Sure, it could all be marketing, I know.

One big thing about the 630 that I'm after is the mat screen. In my room, I have light shining right on the TV from windows - can be quite distracting on my 27" CRT, so I imagine that it would be no better with a shiny 52" flat screen.
I know you're better than I am at doing research but at the risk of being a pain I'll say that Panasonic has some kind of anti reflective screen business going on. Comparing uncalibrated TV's is a waste of time. Talking to bandphan and annunaki about the merits of the Panasonics is a great idea.

A $2,000 TV warrants a $20 curtain. I hope I haven't over stepped. If it helps I'll send you the curtain. :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan

I never figured the reason for those very shiny monitor's same with PC monitors, you will never see anything but reflections, I think mat screen's are better.... at least more practical...

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I know you're better than I am at doing research but at the risk of being a pain I'll say that Panasonic has some kind of anti reflective screen business going on. Comparing uncalibrated TV's is a waste of time. Talking to bandphan and annunaki about the merits of the Panasonics is a great idea.

A $2,000 TV warrants a $20 curtain. I hope I haven't over stepped. If it helps I'll send you the curtain. :D
Can you send me a curtain toooo :D

J

jamie2112

Banned
The sandwich is in the bag. Now go do your job toolbag. Snails move slow.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
ppsss Adam are you gonna take her or not.....she just pm'd me saying you were late on the walk schedule...:D
Yeah, we left right after that. I should have known that getting her that iPhone for Christmas was going to come back to bite me, but it's all that she'd bark about after her friend down the street got one.

On a related note, whoever wrote the bark-to-text app for the iPhone is a freaking genius.

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic

The Panny has an "anti-glare" coating on the glass but you can still see some reflections but it don't bother me at all. My old 32" tube Mitsu didn't have any coating on it (other than a perpetual layer of dust) - and I don't think you'll find any TV that totally eliminates reflections.

Take Alex up on his generous curtain offer. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis