Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Been up since around 4:30. There's a storm in the distance, and Niki was pretty spooked, so I got up to console her and distract her from the noise.
TMI!
What goes on between you and Nikki should stay between you and Nikki!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You gotta desensitize that dog to loud noise. Sneak up on her with some pots and pans and slam them into each other. She'll probably stop sh!tt!ng after the first few times and eventually lightening will be no problem.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
You gotta desensitize that dog to loud noise. Sneak up on her with some pots and pans and slam them into each other. She'll probably stop sh!tt!ng after the first few times and eventually lightening will be no problem.
Sounds logical... But I have a feeling you will just end up with a bunch of dented pans and a carpet loaded with dog Sh!t...

One of my hunting dogs used to have a panic attack when the squirrels would climb the bird feeder, he would lay at the french doors and watch that bird feeder, birds would come and go all day, but when a squirrel appeared he would stand up and watch then when the squirrel climbed the pole he would start having a panic attack, I would have to go scare the squirrel away and rub his belly until he started breathing normal, lol... He is gone now, was such a good boy, never had trouble with gun shots, and would swim 900 feet to get me a bird, BUT them squirrels rattled him something fierce...

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Sounds logical... But I have a feeling you will just end up with a bunch of dented pans and a carpet loaded with dog Sh!t...

One of my hunting dogs used to have a panic attack when the squirrels would climb the bird feeder, he would lay at the french doors and watch that bird feeder, birds would come and go all day, but when a squirrel appeared he would stand up and watch then when the squirrel climbed the pole he would start having a panic attack, I would have to go scare the squirrel away and rub his belly ...
Belly, yeah, right!
NTTAWWT

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Do you have a large CD collection? I went with a WD My Cloud and Sonos system when my two carousels started acting up, because I just didn't have shelf space for all of those CD's.
I ripped my cd collection and my parents like about 16 years ago, but I still prefer the physical media. I'm nostalgic like that I guess.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

One of my hunting dogs used to have a panic attack when the squirrels would climb the bird feeder, he would lay at the french doors and watch that bird feeder, birds would come and go all day, but when a squirrel appeared he would stand up and watch then when the squirrel climbed the pole he would start having a panic attack, I would have to go scare the squirrel away and rub his belly until he started breathing normal, lol... He is gone now, was such a good boy, never had trouble with gun shots, and would swim 900 feet to get me a bird, BUT them squirrels rattled him something fierce...
Wow.. I got a Schnauzer/Poodle humane society special that would make short order of any rodent that crossed her line of sight. She saw a chipmunk running along the fence line from more than 30 ft away, chased, caught and killed it.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Wow.. I got a Schnauzer/Poodle humane society special that would make short order of any rodent that crossed her line of sight. She saw a chipmunk running along the fence line from more than 30 ft away, chased, caught and killed it.
is that a shnoodle? or a poozer?

My dog was inside the house behind a glass door, probably why the panic attack came on every time, lol...

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
is that a shnoodle? or a poozer?

My dog was inside the house behind a glass door, probably why the panic attack came on every time, lol...
Curious to know what happens if you let him out? Prey drive is very strong in dogs.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Our Blue Heeler chases, kills, then eats her kill- our Puggle just looks on in amazement:)

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Curious to know what happens if you let him out? Prey drive is very strong in dogs.
I am not sure, he gets me birds after I shoot them, so Ill be he will just lay there and wait to hear the shot, lol... I trick him sometimes, if we had an uneventful hunt, I will clap and send him in the water, let him swim around looking for the duck, then Ill throw out the trainer and let himbring it in like he was a puppy, he bviously knows the difference, but after he gets a treat all is forgiven...

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
This not being able to sleep for more than three hours at a time sucks. Lord, I miss that good old circadian rhythm.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
This not being able to sleep for more than three hours at a time sucks. Lord, I miss that good old circadian rhythm.
Come on back down South. We get circadians every 7 years like clockwork. Their buzzing lasts for a few weeks. Nature's white noise. Plus I'm told you can gather a bunch and fry 'em up. Haven't tried it yet, though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis