Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
There's a new sub in the house! Behold, 5.25" of SLAM :D

It's a sealed sub, so naturally it's musical; the paper cone woofer features a dust cap and an advanced foam surround. Alas, it is meant for my wife's school, so I'll never get to fully appreciate it.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General

It's a sealed sub, so naturally it's musical; the paper cone woofer features a dust cap and an advanced foam surround. Alas, it is meant for my wife's school, so I'll never get to fully appreciate it.
You poor thing, how will you ever cope? Just know we're all here for you, haha

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
You poor thing, how will you ever cope? Just know we're all here for you, haha
I don't know :( I might have to visit my wife at work more often!

One other big advantage: no internal amp, so you could conceivably hook up a big pro amp. I'm not sure which would give first, the 24+ gauge wire or the ultra long throw driver.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief

Whoa, that's some serious musical umph ... I say hook up an amp and see if you can "slinky" it. :D

Steve

P.S. Then again .... maybe not, I'm sure both the wife and school wouldn't appreciate that kind of quick "break-in".

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Whoa, that's some serious musical umph ... I say hook up an amp and see if you can "slinky" it. :D

Steve

P.S. Then again .... maybe not, I'm sure both the wife and school wouldn't appreciate that kind of quick "break-in".
I won't be able to "experiment" on that particular sub, but it's part of a setup that's replacing a similar 2.1 Insignia setup whose main unit is dying/dead. It would almost be worth the money to pick up a big Crown amp just to blow the old speakers/sub to pieces :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Good morning, GN. :)
Eff you , too!:D

Anybody who knows hockey, knows that Domi was an animal on the ice. But Wahlberg would've had boxing training for The Fighter. Difficult to pick.

submariner (really into scantily clad men).
I have know idea how you came to that conclusion, but if it excites you to think that, who am I to judge?;)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I was going to polute Adams theater thread even more with this and then decided not to...Had to post it somewhere though...:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis