Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Orange slices for everyone!
What's with the trophy thing on the alerts box??
Cheers, Mac

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't like the giant column on the left. I posted about it here:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/new-audioholics-forum-debug-thread.92220/

Technically that the debug thread, but, I'd consider user interface debugging.

Also my eyes are going to burn if I have to see hugo and gene every damn time. That might be fine for the main site, but a can keep the advertising much more subtle and probably be more effective too.
Your other left ... ease up on the herb. :p

It's only a little bigger from the old forum but the FF, ABP and NoScript keeps the picture at bay until I temporarily allow it.

So selden has 'disliked' one of my posts and suddenly I can't turn his world into a red chicklet hell. Guess I'm gonna have to drive out to his house and let loose with the monkey love. I hope he's got some rubbing alcohol and food in the fridge.

It's funny that I would be irked if it was anonymous but the way it is I am way past giving a sh!t. F^%&ing selden can eat my shorts. In other news I'm not at all surprised by the rainbow rating. Rick pushed hard for that one. :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Rick pushed hard for that one. :eek:
Thanks for that disturbing mental movie. :eek: Rick alternated between trying to convince Gene and then Hugo. Steve was there, too, but he was just off to the side eating popcorn and watching...naked.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
That beer was a lot strong than I thought this site looks strange to me.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I have no idea what the point of all these symbols is, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy handing them out liberally.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Slight new forum bug - in order to update the avatar image, I had to fill out a required section on why I want to be a member of the forum (meant for new members).
Strange. I didn't. Seems like everybody's avatar is lower resolution. Will be a bunch of updating. Can see if anyone else has that problem... or if it's just you. :oops:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
So last night I suggested to my wife that if she wants a suggestion for a Christmas gift for me, I wouldn't mind a pair of good headphones. She said, "well, figure out what you want and let me know." Wow, that was easy!:) That said, I'm sure she has no clue as to what a good pair of headphones will cost.

Anyway, it dawned on me this afternoon that with the NAD routed through the DCX2496, I wouldn't get full range through the cans, as the headphone out is in parallel with the speaker connections. So, I needed to figure out if I could add a preset for full range through the mains. Of course, full range stereo isn't one of the pre-loaded presets, so it took a bit of head scratching and staring at the manual to figure out what to do. In the end, I just copied the original 2 + 2 subs preset, wound the subs high-pass and the mains low-pass down 20Hz. Does that make sense? Cause I couldn't think of another way to do it. It sounds like I got it right, at least...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I miss my chicklets, never thought I would say that....
I actually don't mind the reset...which I never thought I'd say. :) I remember when getting 40 points from someone was HUGE. I think it was 40, and it was from Matt a little while after I started here. It took a looong time to get to 100 points (there was no thanks button for years). At the end, folks were handing out thousands of points per click. The thrill was gone.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
"Audioholics 5-0"... now that's clever!!!:cool:
Thanks :D It was time for a change. Are you guys able to use custom titles as well? I thought that was mentioned to be one of the perks of the new forum, but I haven't seen anyone else using them yet.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis