Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
sawz ebay is the best bet and put them in lots that make sense to you, single movies dont do as well as lots.. When I sold a bunch of my dvds {switched to bluray also} I noticed lots like "Quinten Tarrentino Collection of 9 films" sold much better than 9 separate auctions...
Your right I did notice that on the Bay, I think I am gonna have to get that started, My neighbor had a yard/garage sale and I took a few over with a player and people looked at them , and seriously looked like_W>T>F>_ are these things. It is funny how a vast majority of folks are clueless in HT set ups and quality movies and such.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I want to sell 350 hd dvds and two Toshiba a-35 players , anyone think theres value left or what, everything is mint like 9.5 , 170 plus movies are not even opened up. I switched over to blu ray and the rest was history.
Hard to say how much value is there. The main problem in my book is that it'll get progressively harder to find a replacement when the players you're selling eventually die.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Hard to say how much value is there. The main problem in my book is that it'll get progressively harder to find a replacement when the players you're selling eventually die.
That is the problem, I have a few players just for that reason and now I have totally lost interest in the whole lot of em.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I want to sell 350 hd dvds and two Toshiba a-35 players , anyone think theres value left or what, everything is mint like 9.5 , 170 plus movies are not even opened up. I switched over to blu ray and the rest was history.
Nope, no value at all. In fact, you should ship them to me now and save yourself the hassle of having to pay someone to take them away later.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I recently had this conversation with my uncle, he has 2500 dvd and blu rays all over his walls on shelves, each movie is in a plastic dvd bag!!! {I will take a picture next time I am there, it is pretty impressive}. He now has amazon prime, hulu, netflix, and another local streaming system so he hardly ever takes a movie off the wall... So now what? the art value isn't great, they are only getting older and he said it is a horror show to dust them every week.. I told him to list them in 100 movie lots and he has been nulling it over, but that in itself is quite the task to accomplish.. He made it a point to buy the entire IMDB top 250 list and them are on their own shelves so I told him to sell them as a set, he also has some other 50 and 75 disc sets, for example he made it a point to buy every single hbo, showtime, ext series set, as well as tons of old tv show sets, every clint eastwood movie, every tom hanks movie, every cohen brothers, ever super hero movies, ext ext ext, he said at last count which was around a year ago and he bought about 150 since then was 2500!!!
He may even have luck selling them all at once, he said he would take $15K for them all...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hmmm. Alex was supposed to have left at midnight, gotten to Dennis' place in time for breakfast, and then grabbed the speakers. It's after noon out there, and no update.

That guy needs to get a smart phone... :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Hmmm. Alex was supposed to have left at midnight, gotten to Dennis' place in time for breakfast, and then grabbed the speakers. It's after noon out there, and no update.

No kidding. I figured the Monkey would have had them home and set up by now. Either he's losing his touch and he's having trouble sneaking them past Cheryl or Dennis is struggling more than he anticipated.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Are them speakers still for sale New?
I just saw this question today…

Yes new MBOW1 3-ways can still be built today. Dennis originally made them a DIY design, but if you get the cabinets built, Dennis could probably still build one today. See the design details here MurphyBlaster Productions.

It uses a slightly different 10" woofer than the original design. But the mid range and tweeter are still the same.

I don't know the cost, ask Dennis.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Not the most exciting Bday ever, but as it stands with the stress of the new job that's just fine with me. Got a little work done today, gonna go see TMNT and the GF is making dinner so I can get a little more grading done.

Being an adult sucks FYI :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Not the most exciting Bday ever, but as it stands with the stress of the new job that's just fine with me. Got a little work done today, gonna go see TMNT and the GF is making dinner so I can get a little more grading done.

Being an adult sucks FYI :D
Happy Birthday YAA! Nothing that can't be solved by a few Jagerbombs :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...Jagerbombs...
Makes me think of this every time. :D And, hey, with Fuzz being a workout dude, this might just be pretty close to right. :p

Warning - Adult Language/Content

Last edited by a moderator:
crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief

Im sure all those "Rest Stop Bathrooms" along the way have been getting "cruised" :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nothing like a subtle reminder. :p

Happy birthday, Alex! I hope you have at least some fun today - you old man. :D
Hey I'm nothing if not subtle :p

In other news saw TMNT and after the movie walked into the rest room to urinate to find one of the stalls occupied and diarreah all over the floor in that occupied stall. I didn't peek in, it had just started leaking out from under the stall walls and was therefore viable from the urinals.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
In other news saw TMNT and after the movie walked into the rest room to urinate to find one of the stalls occupied and diarreah all over the floor in that occupied stall. I didn't peek in, it had just started leaking out from under the stall walls and was therefore viable from the urinals.
What...the...?! How much does someone have to eat before they overflow a toilet so much that it actually begins to seep out of a stall? :eek:

Also, I really hope that:
...and was therefore viable from the urinals.
was a typo. :p

"Dude, stop licking the floor!"

"Back off, man. It's my birthday."

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Happy Birthday, Name Thief. Cheryl is out of town ... hehehe. I'm what's expired.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis