Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Woohoo! The beef place e-mailed me back. Placing order soon...
So is hamburger like $20/lb because they're nice to the cow before they kill it? I wonder how much they would charge for steaks from cows that they didn't kill but outfitted with prosthetics or maybe put in wheel chairs after amputating their back legs.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
So is hamburger like $20/lb because they're nice to the cow before they kill it?
Nope. It's $5.75/lb.

I ordered:
- 2 bags of beef dog bones (total of about six medium bones)
- 3 lbs of ground beef
- 1 lb of beef tenderloin (that's about four filets)
- 2 dozen eggs
- 1 lb of ground lamb

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Nope. It's $5.75/lb.

I ordered:
- 2 bags of beef dog bones (total of about six medium bones)
- 3 lbs of ground beef
- 1 lb of beef tenderloin (that's about four filets)
- 2 dozen eggs
- 1 lb of ground lamb
Thanks! Now I'm hungry.

again

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
So is hamburger like $20/lb because they're nice to the cow before they kill it? I wonder how much they would charge for steaks from cows that they didn't kill but outfitted with prosthetics or maybe put in wheel chairs after amputating their back legs.
How much for the meat from cows that walk up to you in the restaurant and ask you which part of them you'd like to eat?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks! Now I'm hungry.

again
Have yourself some tuna, hummus, black beans, olive oil, walnuts and cottage cheese like I just did ... when you eat like that dieting is easy because food is either so unappetizing or so much work that you lose interest in eating before you know it.

I'm down 10 pounds now but look just as fat as ever. How's that for messed up? :rolleyes:

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
have yourself some tuna, hummus, black beans, olive oil, walnuts and cottage cheese like i just did ... When you eat like that dieting is easy because food is either so unappetizing or so much work that you lose interest in eating before you know it.

I'm down 10 pounds now but look just as fat as ever. How's that for messed up? :rolleyes:
pfmuiyam...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I pick up my order next Saturday morning. My first eggs in months...can't wait!

Btw, Alex, that lunch/dinner sounded really good except for the cottage cheese part (I've just never liked that stuff).

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Oh, no! You've found me! :eek: :D

Is that yours or your parents?

Btw, welcome back to the world of posting! :)
Thanks! I have a shotgun, so don't come in! I guess you didn't see my trusty security camera.

We bought it from the in-laws. They were just going to trade it in on some lame, glorified Toyota, so...

I am not really a Hybrid type person so I am thinking my next vehicle should probably be a Ford Raptor that gets 8-12 mpg. Gotta have a balance. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Very cool! You'll have to let me know how you like it. As I've said before, except for some pesky rattles (which aren't always there), I really like mine. Does yours have the navigation package?

It took a little while to work my way up, but I've been over 40 mpg for over a year now.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yes, we have both the rattles and the navigation. I tore apart our Explorer last weekend to take care of a really annoying one, I will probably do the same to the Fusionator this weekend. Our roads suck so bad, we hear one in the gauge cluster region all the time.

We definitely like it other than the rattles, though the hybridness takes some getting used to. I just switched it today to the Empower display mode in the cluster, which I think is best for showing you how to keep it in EV mode. I just have to make sure I keep my eyes on the road and not the little green graphs, or we might not have it very long. :rolleyes:

40 MPG is pretty awesome. Ours doesn't get a garage spot, so our mileage takes a big hit getting it warmed up in the morning. That will change when the summer comes crashing down on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis