R

RainMan

Junior Audioholic
Wondering if anyone these days bothers with a real time analyzer for tuning there home theatre systems , finding nulls etc .
I guess seeing as a lot of the receivers and processors have room correction circuitry it may be a waste of money . I'm using a marrantz
av 7005 processor

heres the unit I was looking at . Just need another toy is all :D

Real Time Analyzer

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I used Room EQ Wizard and a RadioShack SPL meter to calibrate my sub with a Behringer FBQ2496 and the results are very good. I have used an RTA to tweak my system but it is an app on my Galaxy SIII called RTA Pro. Of course it is not terribly accurate considering it's using the mic in the phone and phones vary but it does work well and it does make peaks and nulls easy to find. I use it regularly when running live sound for events to find possible feedback problems and overall room problems.

R

RainMan

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for the input Guys . I could see where the right software with a laptop could probably do better . I guess it may be dependent on the mike and possibly the sound card ?

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks for the input Guys . I could see where the right software with a laptop could probably do better . I guess it may be dependent on the mike and possibly the sound card ?
Yes it will depend upon both of those, or in the case of the mic i linked earlier only the mic as it has a USB interface. Overall though for RTA you probably don't need extremely good accuracy.

R

RainMan

Junior Audioholic
I wasn't aware the mike bypassed the sound card .
Thanks for the info guys , I dam near clicked on the by now link

R

RainMan

Junior Audioholic
Grador I'm looking at you mic and I'm assuming it has a 1/4 inch bolt to connect to a tripod ? I can't find any info regarding this on the link although it does say clamp .
I like to use my camera tripod for setup and I'm sure tape would work if it came down to it .
I have to say I'm learning a lot on this forum from you guys . I had no idea there was even such a thing as a USB mic?
i googled it and there are numerouse choices .
Grador are you happy with this mic or would you step up to a differant model if you did it again ? Obviously you want omnidirectional

R

RainMan

Junior Audioholic
Thanks Grador , great info . I'm going to order the same one and find another laptop .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis