Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
Would a rca y cable give me less voltage or give me less signal if I only use 1 of the split rca's ends vs. a single rca cable non splitted in home audio i'm very particular I use one for my subwoofer but I always wondered if it did or not?

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Y on which side? From what to what? To the input of the sub?

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
Y on which side? From what to what? To the input of the sub?
I use a av receiver and lets say I use currently a single rca from my receiver to my amp on the left side and a single for the right side and if I want to add a 2nd amp I would then to use a rca y splitter for the left channel on both amps from the receiver and then the same with the right side if you can understand what I mean now?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Slitted? What does that mean?

What do you mean left and right side out of the avr? Sub pre-outs are mono and merely an internal splitter (unless the avr has separate adjustment for level/delay, then the two sub pre-outs are somewhat separate, but not left/right). You can split a single pre-out on the avr several times before you run into any issues.

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
Slitted? What does that mean?

What do you mean left and right side out of the avr? Sub pre-outs are mono and merely an internal splitter (unless the avr has separate adjustment for level/delay, then the two sub pre-outs are somewhat separate, but not left/right). You can split a single pre-out on the avr several times before you run into any issues.
It's kind hard for me to explain but the subwoofer was just a example I use a rca y slitter cable this exact one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EBX5GW/ref=ox_sc_sfl_image_11?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1DCPNQKKEISZB
But since I was going to buy another amplifier for my setup and it has rca connections on the back same one that I have crown xli 1500 for my audio setup would using that rca y cable would it make my audio any quieter than vs. using a single 1 rca on each end?

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
Oh I never realized I was saying slitted I meant Splitted sorry

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's kind hard for me to explain but the subwoofer was just a example I use a rca y slitter cable this exact one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EBX5GW/ref=ox_sc_sfl_image_11?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1DCPNQKKEISZB
But since I was going to buy another amplifier for my setup and it has rca connections on the back same one that I have crown xli 1500 for my audio setup would using that rca y cable would it make my audio any quieter than vs. using a single 1 rca on each end?
I'd just use one rca to each amp, split off the avr if it only has a single pre-out. Not sure what you mean by quieter. Are you using one amp per sub in bridged mode? Or one sub per channel? Can you be specific about gear/connections, would help clarify.

Splitter! Couldn't figure that one out :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
On the sub side, both inputs are summed to mono and LFE signal is also mono. For main channels to an amp, it won't hurt anything since you would have only one side connected, but there's also no real reason to do it vs. using a single cable if you are only hooking one side up.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis