RCA buzzing when not using aux to lightning adapter.

J

james_geaney

Audiophyte
Hi, I recently purchased a Crown XLi800 to run some passive speakers, upgrading from a cheap amp from a LG “Home Hifi System”. With the old LG amp, I had a RCA into 3.5mm aux going into the headphone output of a cheap projector, I know the system isn’t optimal but I can’t afford anything else. Anyway, last week I bought a crown XLi 800 to get more power to the towers, and I used the same RCA to aux cable, paired with an aux to lightning dongle to connect to my phone. Everything worked perfectly, dead silent when no signal was being inputted, and sounded fantastic when I was playing music. I thought all was well until I tried to plug to aux into the headphone output of the projector, as I had done previously. But to my surprise I met with a loud buzz. I have tried plugging the aux into many different sources and I’m still met with buzzing. I then tried a aux to usb-c with my ipad pro and the buzz was gone. It seems like the buzzing only goes when I have a dongle on the aux.
I have tried brand new RCA to aux cables, changing the power chord, changing the outlet, changed the sensitivity on the amp, and for the life of me I cant figure out what is wrong.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi, I recently purchased a Crown XLi800 to run some passive speakers, upgrading from a cheap amp from a LG “Home Hifi System”. With the old LG amp, I had a RCA into 3.5mm aux going into the headphone output of a cheap projector, I know the system isn’t optimal but I can’t afford anything else. Anyway, last week I bought a crown XLi 800 to get more power to the towers, and I used the same RCA to aux cable, paired with an aux to lightning dongle to connect to my phone. Everything worked perfectly, dead silent when no signal was being inputted, and sounded fantastic when I was playing music. I thought all was well until I tried to plug to aux into the headphone output of the projector, as I had done previously. But to my surprise I met with a loud buzz. I have tried plugging the aux into many different sources and I’m still met with buzzing. I then tried a aux to usb-c with my ipad pro and the buzz was gone. It seems like the buzzing only goes when I have a dongle on the aux.
I have tried brand new RCA to aux cables, changing the power chord, changing the outlet, changed the sensitivity on the amp, and for the life of me I cant figure out what is wrong.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
That lightning connector has created a ground loop in your system. A ground loop is a resistance between grounds. So that device is not properly constructed, and has a resistance in the ground pathway that it should not have.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis