Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
....It's down almost 30dBs from 60Hz to 20Hz, and they claim an 18Hz low end response? I hope that graph is anechoic.

SheepStar

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
....It's down almost 30dBs from 60Hz to 20Hz, and they claim an 18Hz low end response? I hope that graph is anechoic.
No the graph is only with the Satellite System. Trust me these speakers are flat down to 18Hz as I have measured them in my room already.

[Edit: The spec sheet has been updated to include the full system. - Admin]

R

RMK!

gene said:
No the graph is only with the Satellite System. Trust me these speakers are flat down to 18Hz as I have measured them in my room already.

Do you know the price?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Do know the price?
$15k/pair is what I was told.

I believe Gene will have a review some time in the near future.
Yea that will happen if I can ever pull myself away from listening to them long enough to write the review :)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
gene said:
Oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying.

SheepStar

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep said:
Oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying.

SheepStar
18Hz is amazing with dual 10's in that configuration - regardless of placement. No need for the subwoofer with those bad boys - and who could afford one after 15 smackers?

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Well no wonder

Mr Andry was willing to risk death, to get them out of Genes home!!:D

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Looks like placement issues will be a huge problem.....not because of room dynamics or speaker-room interaction. These bad boys are 160 lbs. per! Holy smokes, you don't want to move these things real often, do ya?! :eek: Ya gotta have a poker party just to get enough guys over to help move these monsters.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
rjbudz said:
Looks like placement issues will be a huge problem.....not because of room dynamics or speaker-room interaction. These bad boys are 160 lbs. per! Holy smokes, you don't want to move these things real often, do ya?! :eek: Ya gotta have a poker party just to get enough guys over to help move these monsters.
I'll do it for 50 bucks. :D

SheepStar

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Finally, a refridgerator sized loudspeaker system that makes buying that 600watt McIntosh amp seem like a reasonable purchase. ;)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Finally, a refridgerator sized loudspeaker system that makes buying that 600watt McIntosh amp seem like a reasonable purchase.
Yes and if you pair this speaker system up with a couple of Axiom Audio EP600 subwoofers, you've got a rockin system that can keep you cases of beer and meat cold all the time. Now all you need to do is add a George Foreman Grill and you're all set :)

Looks like placement issues will be a huge problem.....not because of room dynamics or speaker-room interaction. These bad boys are 160 lbs. per! Holy smokes, you don't want to move these things real often, do ya?! Ya gotta have a poker party just to get enough guys over to help move these monsters.
All it took me was bribing my neighbor with letting him borrow my XBOX Halo2 game and offering him a cold Sam Adams Brown Ale afterwards :)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
gene said:
Yes and if you pair this speaker system up with a couple of Axiom Audio EP600 subwoofers, you've got a rockin system that can keep you cases of beer and meat cold all the time. Now all you need to do is add a George Foreman Grill and you're all set :)
I would like to see a 7.0 system built up with one of these in each position. You could have localizable bass, and not have to worry about it! :D

gene said:
All it took me was bribing my neighbor with letting him borrow my XBOX Halo2 game and offering him a cold Sam Adams Brown Ale afterwards :)
A beer and a Game? And a Sam Adams at that? You Sir, are a mean friend! :rolleyes:

SheepStar

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep's palate hasn't matured yet, and what's the drinking age in Canada?:p Need to get my order in for 3 pair. What's the matching center configuration look like?:eek:

Last edited:
billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
AVRat said:
Sheep's palate hasn't matured yet, and what's the drinking age in Canada?:p

Age limit I don't know, surpassed it a while back. It's an import & premium at that, so it's good enough for me!!:D

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Need to get my order in for 3 pair. What's the matching center cofiguration look like?
The matching center is essentially and upgrade T1 speaker with the Status drivers. If you place it below the screen, the tweets should be oriented up, if you place it above the screen, the tweets should be facing down.

D

Dekpm19

Audiophyte
gene said:
$15k/pair is what I was told.

Yea that will happen if I can ever pull myself away from listening to them long enough to write the review :)
Cann't wait for the review.
Allen

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis