RBH Sound CinemaSITE arrived today... 1100 pounds!

The RBH Sound CinemaSITE system arrived today via FedEx Freight. I had no idea it would end up being around 1100 pounds of speakers, enclosures, amplifiers and accessories...

Fortunately, the delivery guy agreed to help me take everything upstairs piece by piece for a small fee (actually he attempted to decline the tip, but I insisted - it was 94 degrees out!)

This CinemaSITE system consists of 3) SI-6100s, 2) SI740s and 2) 41-SEs (Back Surrounds). The subs are two of the new SI-1010s powered by dual SA-400 amplifiers.

I've attached some pics below to give you an idea of the scope of this system (keep in mind there are a few extra things in there as we are reviewing some variations of the system). This is by far the biggest delivery I've ever taken.

Attachments

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
OOOOOOOH....fun new toys...I'll happily "dispose" of your "old" speakers for you at no cost. :D The real question is...are these for personal use or review?

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Wow!

Looks like you will have a lot of fun reviewing that system. So will this system be the monthly contest giveaway for December???

JohnA said:
OOOOOOOH....fun new toys...I'll happily "dispose" of your "old" speakers for you at no cost. :D The real question is...are these for personal use or review?
These are for review. We always have the option to buy review samples, but one thing at a time.

Duffinator: Hmmm... I'm not sure these will fall under the "We review it, you WIN it" program. :)

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Talk about WAF!!! More like WTF! Those aren't boxes, they're furniture. Through some cushions on them and call it bachelor chic!

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
mrnomas said:
Talk about WAF!!! More like WTF! Those aren't boxes, they're furniture. Through some cushions on them and call it bachelor chic!
wow, it is actually furniture, who needs to spend thousands on just an interior decorater to design it for you

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Clint: Fortunately, the delivery guy agreed to help me take everything upstairs piece by piece for a small fee (actually he attempted to decline the tip, but I insisted - it was 94 degrees out!)
This CinemaSITE system consists of 3) SI-6100s, 2) SI740s and 2) 41-SEs (Back Surrounds). The subs are two of the new SI-1010s powered by dual SA-400 amplifiers.
I've attached some pics below to give you an idea of the scope of this system (keep in mind there are a few extra things in there as we are reviewing some variations of the system). This is by far the biggest delivery I've ever taken.
Clint - where in the world are you going to set that up? Doesn't your wife get po'd once in awhile? What do you do with the existing decor? I'd be out on the street by now. I'm laughing at you, but in a good way. I'd love to have your job...but as a bachelor. That kind of kills the weekend plans now, doesn't it? Nothing like reassembling an IMAX theater in your own home, eh?

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Nothing like reassembling an IMAX theater in your own home, eh?
You know your jelous, just like the rest of us

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
..... between $18,000 and $25,000 assembled.

Well I guess I'll have to keep the '96 Mirage on the road for another 100k....... :(

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
Well I guess I'll have to keep the '96 Mirage on the road for another 100k....... :(
thats ok, it'll probably run for another 300k.....I used to own a '95, unbreakable, but moved to a '00 Eclipse, I love that car

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
2 questions:

1. Would that setup be overkill in a 10' by 12' room?
2. Does your wife have any sisters as understanding as her?

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Takeereasy said:
1. Would that setup be overkill in a 10' by 12' room?
Overkill....OVERKILL....im dissapointed I expected more, almost everything we buy is overkill.....it wouldnt be overkill, it'd just be really really loud

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Actually, in a room that small, I would think the soundstaging and imaging would be crap because of the boundaries. A system like the RBH needs space to sound good.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I really was kidding about both questions everybody. My PSB's are probably overkill for my little room, that RBH setup, while lovely, would be utterly wasted on me. As for the wife's sister, drat, guess I'll have to hang on to the audio sour puss I have now ;).

Here's the funny mental picture - check out the front dimensions of the CinemaSITE:

Overall width: 132" (that's 11' wide)

With a 10 x 12 room you may have to get out the sledgehammer. :eek:

It's actually tight in my room which is roughly 14 x 17. Treatment will help alleviate the major issues.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Takeereasy said:
I really was kidding about both questions everybody. My PSB's are probably overkill for my little room, that RBH setup, while lovely, would be utterly wasted on me. As for the wife's sister, drat, guess I'll have to hang on to the audio sour puss I have now ;).
you better hope she doesnt read this stuff when she's on the web, or else you really will be in your dog house

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Clint, you've got to post pics that show how close this thing comes to filling the whole room. I am tremendously jealous of your job, especially the really, really, really cool stuff like this.

Spiffy,
I've recently added a tennis court and a jacuzzi to the doghouse. I figured I might as well get comfortable seeing as how that's where I spend most of the time. The garden's coming in really nice and the wrap around porch has a great view.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis