Rango....a litttle disappointed

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched Rango this weekend and it left me wanting more. Although it wasn't a bad movie, the potential for it being really halarious flick missed its mark.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched Rango this weekend and it left me wanting more. Although it wasn't a bad movie, the potential for it being really halarious flick missed its mark.
I agree, a bit more comic relief wont hurt it at all. It's a bit too serious for animated feature for kids (or adult young in heart :D)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
This is not a kids movie as listed on the cover of the Bluray. Its rated 14+

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
This is not a kids movie as listed on the cover of the Bluray. Its rated 14+
I dunno...
It's MPAA rated PG - Most parents would watch this with their smallest kids

"How to train your dragon" is also rated PG, but it's much better movie and more suitable for both kids and adults

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I dunno...
It's MPAA rated PG - Most parents would watch this with their smallest kids
It is unfortunate that most parents are so careless about the ratings, as this is what PG means:

PG — Parental Guidance Suggested. Some Material May Not Be Suitable For Children. A PG-rated motion picture should be investigated by parents before they let their younger children attend. The PG rating indicates, in the view of the Rating Board, that parents may consider some material unsuitable for their children, and parents should make that decision. The more mature themes in some PG-rated motion pictures may call for parental guidance. There may be some profanity and some depictions of violence or brief nudity. But these elements are not deemed so intense as to require that parents be strongly cautioned beyond the suggestion of parental guidance. There is no drug use content in a PG-rated motion picture.​

http://www.mpaa.org/ratings/what-each-rating-means

"G" is the only rating that is regarded by the MPAA (the organization that rates films) as suitable for all children.

So, if a parent takes their very small children to a PG rated film, they have no right to complain if it turns out to be unsuitable for small children. The PG rating warned them that it may not be suitable for them.

It is too bad that so many parents are too stupid to know what "Parental Guidance Suggested" means. Really, it is quite pathetic, as what could they possibly imagine a rating of "G" would mean if "PG" meant it was suitable for everyone?

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Read a couple of reviews of it and they said pretty much the same thing about this one. Not a "must see", and not really for small kids.

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
I enjoyed it.

Has some wonderful LFE to it, so "me" is happy! :D

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
The Bluray had nice detailing on the figures faces etc................. but my 7 year old GrandSon watched about 1/2 of it and wanted to play Wii:confused:
wish now I had not purchased the Bluray. It would be Ok for a RedBox rental.

Now CARS II he watched at opening night movie theater he wants it in Bluray Big time. He still watches the orginal.
Grand Dad lets watch Cars and play cars. ;) We have purchased just about every Pixar cars that have been made in the last few years.
He has a Serious collection with the Radiator Springs buildings that light up.:)

Last edited:
jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Holy crap I can't believe you guys. I have seen this movie 2x already. One of the best animated films in a long time, and it was not aimed directly at kids. The tribute to western flicks was awesome and if your not a fan of those than I could see how it might not appeal to you. The animation was some of the best I have see. The attention to detail was incredible. Great story too about a person who finds themselves and their courage. The music, the animation, the story was all perfect and a must see for fans of westerns and Sergio Leone.

Great flick!

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
Holy crap I can't believe you guys. I have seen this movie 2x already. One of the best animated films in a long time, and it was not aimed directly at kids. The tribute to western flicks was awesome and if your not a fan of those than I could see how it might not appeal to you. The animation was some of the best I have see. The attention to detail was incredible. Great story too about a person who finds themselves and their courage. The music, the animation, the story was all perfect and a must see for fans of westerns and Sergio Leone.

Great flick!
I am alone this week end :) wife is at her Mom's and no Grand Kids.
I watch it with out the kid wanting me to turn it off and play video games.

A

Afury8

Audioholic Intern
I watched it last night with the family, and we all thought it was a good movie. the animation was awesome.

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Looking forward to seeing it this week, from Netflix...If I like it I will probably pick up a used one. Blu-ray.com gives it excellent video reviews 5 out of 5 -

..."the level of absolute digital perfection is almost shocking. No other animated movie has ever offered this much attention to detail, and the 1080p transfer picks up every last smidgen of visual wonder. Whether the rough and bumpy chameleon skin that's evident in most every frame, the finest little textures in the wooden structures around Dirt, or the smallest little fray in clothing, this transfer packs so much definition into each frame that it's a wonder how it all fits and how it looks this good."

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Rango-Blu-ray/21717/#Review

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The animation was awesome and the movie wasn't bad. It just fell short on what I thought could have been a halarious movie. It fell short there IHO.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis