A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
If you have a twitter account or visited the Internet at all in the last few days you've heard that Amazon has released a new cloud-based service. This service, dubbed Cloud Drive, gives users 5 gigs of free cloud based storage for them to use to store anything they like. While you can store anything on your Cloud Drive, the real issue for now is music. Amazon's Cloud Player will allow you to listen to any of your music from any computer or device with a browser (provided you are in the US). The big labels, of course, aren't happy with the cloud. Frankly, when they look up at a summer sky, all the see are dollars they aren't pocketing. But does their argument have merit?

Discuss "Race to the Cloud" here. Read the article.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I think it's great that amazon is doing this. Screw the big labels - this is still a person listening to music that they bought or whatever.

With that being said, I don't care about cloud storage or uploading songs to a little cloud drive. I'll just bring mp3s to work like I always have.

I know cloud storage has great potential for things like storing really important documents or offsite backup or whatever, but internet connections are just too slow for most of that to work for me.

petrogad526

petrogad526

Enthusiast
Sounds a great deal like dropbox; and it is pretty sweet that things are slowly building up to this, however i think these big lables will whine more and more as they lose more and more of a market share. With CD's nearly dead and everything going digital they are simply seeing their profit margins drop more and more.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis