quick lock flex pin connection

skads_187

skads_187

Audioholic
Im used to using regular banana plugs, but just recently, i purchased 2 additional speakers and wall mounts (which are already mounted).
because of the wall mount design, i am unable to use banana plugs, they are in the way.
so i purchased the monster QuickLock MKII Gold Flex Pin.

once the wire is connected and i screw it closed. how does the flex pin connect to the speaker?
does the flex pin go in as it would like a banana plug? or does it wrap around the base of the binding post?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
IIRC you unscrew the binding post and wrap it around like you would bare wire.and screw closed.

It's basically the same as bare wire that has been tinned.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
In which case you could just use bare wire :) (if it fits).

skads_187

skads_187

Audioholic
not sure, i havent used bare wire in a really long time, i guess now its pretty similar to what i just purchased, although, this would be much cleaner for sure.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Had the same issue with my dad's rear speakers. I used some thin spades that I bent to get the right angle on the wire. Worked out fine, though I am not a fan of spade connectors.

skads_187

skads_187

Audioholic
so i ended up putting it through the hole at the bottom of the binding post and then screwed it down. works good. it was a bit awkward when trying to wrap around it.
i hope i didint tighten it too much and ruin the flex tip

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis