questions about aa philharmonics

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh that sucks. I'm gonna have to resize all the images. Damnit.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Don't apologize for bumping your thread!
We all like to know how well your new speakers are doing and if the joy is still solid after a month, and such a post is likely to inspire a reader to spend some time playing with their system to see if they can also realize a "free" improvement.
Curious how your new vs old setup relates to the classic equilateral triangle often recommended (the 8'-9" dimensions should be considered variable depending on room size, but it does demonstrate the equilateral triangle):

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm still not equilateral, but my mains are 9 feet apart. I left the right one in its original position and I moved everything else to the left, which did put them further apart. I sit about 14 feet from the front stage now. My biggest improvement was bass response. I had 1 sub up front and 1 on a side wall. Moving my seating and moving everything to the left a little totally changed the sweet spot.

I am more in the center on the south part of the triangle than I was before and that helped things too. My speakers disappear now.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Sounds good.
I had a setup where I had to sit farther away than the equilateral triangle suggested due to room layout. It sounded very good and I was happy with it, but if I really wanted to get the best, I would take a cushion off of the sofa and sit on the coffee table which put me at the point of the triangle.
Honestly did not do that very often, but it let me know what I was sacrificing to the room layout. It wasn't enough to justify changing the room around, but enough that every now and again, when I played a favorite song and really wanted to fully listen to it, I would re-position myself!
But my main point is you might set up a temporary chair and see what difference it makes. I doubt the difference will be anything profound.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I have a similar situation. When I want to do some "critical listening" I have a leather covered ottoman that I plant at the end of the coffee table and sit there. Perfect imaging and soundstage, extreme depth and incredible positioning of instruments and vocalists.

It's not comfortable enough to sit for hours, perhaps a half-hour at a time. This is why I'm aiming for a 2.1 stereo system for my office later this year, with a comfy recliner in the sweet spot!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis