Question re: Yahama HTR-5790

S

schnel

Audiophyte
I've noticed with my new Yahama HTR-5790 that the receiver doesn't display info (such as volume adjustments, mute, etc.) when I'm watching something that inputs via component video (specifically, my DVD and Cable TV). (The receiver outputs to my TV via component video as well.)

However, the receiver's on-screen display does show up when I'm watching other video sources such as Tivo or something from a VCR (S-Video inputs that upconvert to component).

Does anyone know why that is? I didn't see a reference to the limitation in the manual anywhere. Might there be a workaround to the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
The 5790 doesn't support OSD through component input. There is no problem with your reciever. It just isn't supposed to do that.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Crap, My previous post was incorrect. 5790 does have OSD through component. Go into the manual set-up. there should be a setting to enable component OSD.

S

schnel

Audiophyte
Actually, I tried that (turning on component osd) but all it does is allow you entry into the set menu when viewing component video. It doesn't help with my problem (that of displaying the volume control settings and such).

W

WilliO

Enthusiast
Yamaha receivers do not allow OSD through component inputs in Progressive Scan output mode. Switch your DVD players to interlaced mode and it should solve it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis